Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JBE

Willie's OUT!

11 posts in this topic

Well, it happened. Imagine my surprise this morning when I come to find out Willie Randolph got fired from his post as Mets Manager. Going with him were pitching coach Rick Peterson, and first base coach Tom Nieto. Jerry Manuel is the interim manager, and Ken Oberkfell(former Cardinal) is now the bench coach.

Now for my dissertation/rant. Omar is NEXT. He made numerous questionable moves, (Delgado for Jacobs?? Getting rid of Brian Bannister?? Not putting Pelfrey in the bullpen or getting rid of Heilman??) Signs Luis Castillo(bad move) and numerous other maneuvers that make you scratch your head. Is Willie to blame?? Not completely. The underacheiving players, and there are a number of them, combined with a pi$$ poor bullpen are moreso to blame. One never likes to see a person lose their job, but I was glad to see Peterson get the boot.(Now no one is wearing my lucky number!!!!) Injuries didn't help, nor did the schedule. And last but not least, Fathers Day or not, you don't send the manager across the country, only to can him after beating the best team in the American League. That, IMO, is a real dirtbag move on the part of the Wilpons.

So, now the question begs itself, what's next for Willie?? I honestly think the Yankees will offer him something, or maybe Joe Torre will reach out and see if he can get him a job in LA. I also think the Mets would do well to lure Piazza out of retirement and see if he wants a job in a coaching capacity, and I'm sure Lee Mazzilli, and possibly Keith Hernandez could get something as well. Funny enough, We were discussing this at work, they have two great prospective coaches in Ron Darling and Mex, but I would miss them both in the broadcast booth. Discuss...

Both Keith Hernandez and Ron Darling have made it more than clear that they are NOT interested in coaching or Managing. I agree that Piazza would be a great catch. What about Gary the "Kid" carter, He says he's available. I also agree that the Wilpons made a bad move in the way they handled this situation. But you knew this was going to happen...4 a.m. west coast...takes a while for the NY media to catch up. And I also agree that Omar MUST be next and SOON!!

Thank God, Wille your out of HELL, Come back home to the Yankees, you will be welcomed back with open arms. I am sure that there is a spot for you in the organization.

Omar did it via an e-mail what a real man.................... That is why the METS are a minor league team. No matter how much you dis like the Yankees and the Boss (George) he did it like a man and that was that.

Willie Randolph = #30 in the real pinstripes (Da Yankees)

I always wondered why Willie never wore 30 after Floyd left.

Omar did it via an e-mail what a real man.................... That is why the METS are a minor league team. No matter how much you dis like the Yankees and the Boss (George) he did it like a man and that was that.

Willie Randolph = #30 in the real pinstripes (Da Yankees)

The news says that Omar called him into his hotel at like midnight and told him face to face. Not that it wasn't a sumbag way to fire him...cause it was. They could have waited untill the road trip was over.

Are you sure george is not runing the mete

Great job Omar! What a disgrace...1 game on the west coast..a win at that and you get fired? Well the Omar hispanification of the Mets is nearly complete and before anyone gets all crazy with that comment, even former players of him as a GM say the same thing. It got LoDuca kicked out after last year for voicing the same opinion.

Willie come home...if you weren't there...you'd be in the dugout in the Bronx next to Joe.

I also say Gary Carter...guys a class act and was an awesome catcher.

Just to show ya, the manager doesn't make the team. They should have hired a Latino, cause that's what baseball has become, a Latino Sport. Joe Toree isn't doing $hit with the Dodgers! Another Yankee Waste, like Joe Gerardhi! Yeah, he's a real hero! The Yankees will be in the toilet soon like they've been so many times before! You can't buy a Championship George with a new Stadium, like you've done with your $$$$$, many times before! JackAss!

Welcome to NEW YORK...

Watch your back, hypothetically and literally :lol::lol: