Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TAPSJ

4th Of July Weekend

10 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of any parades that weekend of the 4th of July??? Hopefully a fire department hosted parade. Thanks.

Thomas

4th of july parade in Saugerties (same town as the ucvfa parade). On the 4th. In my opinion its the best parade we attend each year.

For a bit of trivia: Bristol, Rhode Island, sponsors the oldest, continuously running 4th of July parade in the United States.

Their first celebration was established in 1785, and this year's will be their 223rd consecutive event!!!

Peekskill FD parade Friday at 10am - FD sponsored since 1962

Fireworks 9:30pm at the Riverfront Green - also sponsored by the hard work of the volunteers over the course of the year collecting money thru fill-the-boots and a couple of the local businesses donating $500 or more. Fireworks Rain Date is 7/5 at 9:30pm.

God Bless America! Land of the Free & Home of the Brave(st)!

Cool. Is thier anywhere else, that thier is one???

Also, Amenia's can we get a time, route of travel, possiable directions???

Thanks Guys and Gals.

Thomas

enjoy the festivities ill be working! :wacko:

Amenia's starts @ 18:00 at the dodge dealership, heads north on 22, right on 343, then a right on Mechanic St. To get there take rte 22 north, about 35-40 mins north of I-684. There will be a carnival as far as I know afterwards.

Edited by pfdfirefighter01

For a bit of trivia: Bristol, Rhode Island, sponsors the oldest, continuously running 4th of July parade in the United States.

Their first celebration was established in 1785, and this year's will be their 223rd consecutive event!!!

Funny you mention that...I was in RI the other day and think I saw a sign for it! That is a heck of a long time....