Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
firemoose827

Hazardous Materials Technician Class, NYS Fire Academy, 2008

7 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, I just recently went to the Academy in Montour Falls to upgrade my training from the 24 hour class to the new 40 hour Technician-Basic Class. I actually brought my camera and remembered to take pictures! Hope you enjoy.

(Be Gentle...)

Here is one of me, taken by my friend from the County team that went with me. (He snuck this shot while I was doffing the suit!)

post-3032-1214852697.jpg

Here is the Entry Team for our Mock excercise on Friday doing a recon mission.

post-3032-1214852827.jpg

The Decon Corridor after the entry team makes a rescue.

post-3032-1214852986.jpg

For my last shot, I give you the Academy Engine 1, a KME. Nice Truck.

post-3032-1214853047.jpg

Hope you enjoyed, if you have any advice or criticism of my photography please share, Im trying to make it a hobby of mine so Im open for suggestions.

Thanks

Moose

I think its cool that both Westchester County Grasslands/ Fire Training Center and the New York State Fire Academy have pumpers on a commercial chassis as opposed to a custom chassis. Any reason for this or is it just budget?

Really nice job on the photos and that is a nice Engine.

Hope you enjoyed, if you have any advice or criticism of my photography please share, Im trying to make it a hobby of mine so Im open for suggestions.

Thanks

Moose

Nice shots. Hated wearing those suits...

Nice pics Moose. Hope it wasn't too hot up there.

I'm thinking more cost then anything else, no real need for custom.

I can tell you one thing the steering radius on the one at Montour sucks. The front intake goes through the wheel well and limits the tire turn.

Engine 7 is actually a pretty nice little pumper for a commercial chassis.

Great shots, Moose!!!! I too like the engine. Maybe I'm a lil old fashioned, but I still like the looks of the "cab forward type, like that over the cab over like we run, but I lso realize the steering quality of th "flat fronted "cab over".

Thanks Guys for the comments. I took like 80 pictures but just posted a few to see what the reaction would be, I even tried a rig shot to see how that would come out. Unfortunately it was being worked on by staff and couldnt be moved to a better spot, hence the cones, but I still like the truck and wish we could have played with it while we were out there but the chief wasnt there to ask!! LOL

Funny side story...while taking the technician class one of the students from Ithaca said there was an actual spill in his district involving Chlorine and another chemical at a city pool. All the instructors cell phones went off at once about 5 minutes later!!! No one responded cause it turned out to be nothing but we were all trying to talk them into bringing us for practical experience!!! (They didnt like that idea!! :rolleyes: )