Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IzzyEng4

Photos from Milford, CT Paint Shop Fire

6 posts in this topic

NBC 30 News reported that 30 firefighters were transported to the Hospital. Anybody have any more details about this?

NBC 30 News reported that 30 firefighters were transported to the Hospital. Anybody have any more details about this?

According to NBC30.com and WTNH.com, there were no reported injuries, the firefighters are being screened for possible exposure to HAZMAT.

According to WFSB Channel 3, 1 firefighter suffered a back injury, the others who were transported for the HAZMAT evaluation were treated and released. The FF with the back injury will be OK, according to Channel 3.

Because it was a paint and rogue shop, they were screened for blood gases do to exposure to the chemicals in the shop. One of the MFD officers first on scene said the smoke and flames were all different colors at time. One of the Milford firefighters also said that the company make coloring for fireworks and Disney was one of their biggest customers. This building was literally three buildings down to the rear of Milford Fire HQ.

Because it was a paint and rogue shop, they were screened for blood gases do to exposure to the chemicals in the shop. One of the MFD officers first on scene said the smoke and flames were all different colors at time. One of the Milford firefighters also said that the company make coloring for fireworks and Disney was one of their biggest customers. This building was literally three buildings down to the rear of Milford Fire HQ.

Blood Gas??? Oh God!The thought of that hurts!!! I've had that done and It is one of the most painful tsts I've EVER gone through! It's worse than the nerve test they do for Carpal Tunnel!!!

I do hope that everbody is ok, and will have no repurcussions later on.