Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CAM502

Yonkers Precautionary Landing

9 posts in this topic

Date: 07-04-08

Time: 2300hrs

Units Operating: NYSP, YPD 1st PCT

Description Of Incident: NYSP Helicopter landed in front of Pathmark due to weather.

Writer: Truck4

OK i'm upstate right now. What weather? Did they get struck by lightning or something?

Not sure if there was A lighting Storm in Yonkers but in Upper Westchester there was some heavy rain that went on into the night!

Edited by irishfire2491

not sure if there were lighting my there were some really heavy rain for about hours on end

Irish...I'm going to say this because we know each other so well and because you know I'll just say it to you when I see it...but....

damn bro did you like just wake up and type that? LOL. I hope your either say yes to the question...or hitting "edit" by now.

Not sure if there was A lighting Storm in Yonkers but in Upper Westchester there was some heavy rain that went on into the night!

Irish...I'm going to say this because we know each other so well and because you know I'll just say it to you when I see it...but....

damn bro did you like just wake up and type that? LOL. I hope your either say yes to the question...or hitting "edit" by now.

The truth is T-Mac I did just wake up at 14:00hrs see the difference before A Shower and After a Shower I wrote it so fast I didn't notice that it came out like that but thanks for the catch. lol

LOL. Friends don't let friends post recklessly. LOL.

OK i'm upstate right now. What weather? Did they get struck by lightning or something?

No lightning strike. Just poor visibility. Rather then press on and encounter worse weather and have no place to land, they elected to land in the rather spacious parking lot at 2500 CPA.

(and rumors that they put the ship in a handicapped space are unsubstantiated at this time!) :P

I was the dispatcher for YPD on this assignment. I was shocked when I read the job. It was definitely a "hoot". All are safe and they left later after receiving a replacement pilot from the State. Once again, just when you thought you had seen and heard it all!

I was the dispatcher for YPD on this assignment. I was shocked when I read the job. It was definitely a "hoot". All are safe and they left later after receiving a replacement pilot from the State. Once again, just when you thought you had seen and heard it all!

Why did they need a Replacement Pilot?????

Perhaps it's because he exceeded his "in-service" hours, (through no fault of his own) and was prohibited by regulation from further flight time.