Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pjm1733

TransCare asks White Plains for more money

4 posts in this topic

White Plains CitizeNetReporter - The White Plains Daily Internet Newspaper...Founded 2000 A.D.

White Plains Week

Ambulance Company Pleads for $100,000 Increase From City to Cover Fuel RunUp Posted on Wednesday, June 25 @ 22:28:19 EDT by jfbailey

Online Story

Edited by jack10562
Source Site Copyright Notice- EMTBravo Posting Policy

Interesting, sounds like a reasonable request, and I wouldn't be surprised if more and more contracted agencies follow suit. And speaking from a Transcare employee's perspective... The fuel crisis sucks for another reason... There's a new policy, for all Transcare 911 ambulances that have their own crew quarters, (New Rochelle 30A1, 30A2, White Plains 31A1, 31B2, Grasslands/Mt Pleasant 87A1/87B1 and 37M2) have to remain in quarters while not on calls or company business to conserve fuel. We can go get meals, but we have to "be quick." And it doesn't apply to the posted units like NR 30A3 and WP 30B3, due to the fact that they are posted during their tours of duty.

And to any of my Transcare supervisors.... I'm not bitching, because it's actually quite logical, just sharing the info with the bravo community... :P

Edited by x648eng119

That sounds like a resonable request of money given, i think it is ambulance 3 is posted for 12 hours and has no station.

(cant have the crew with no AC or heat )

i think it is ambulance 3 is posted for 12 hours and has no station.

(cant have the crew with no AC or heat )

Yes, White Plains Ambulance 3, (aka 31B3) is on duty from 0900-2100, and they post at the parking garage on Mamaroneck Ave by Bloomingdale Rd.

New Rochelle Ambulance 3, (aka 30A3) is on duty from 0700-1900, and they post at the Ward Acres Park on Quaker Ridge Rd. The advantage of 31B3 over 30A3... Dunkin Donuts is right there!