Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Whats going on in west harrison?

14 posts in this topic

Anyone know whats going on down county? In West Harrison area?

Edited by DOC22
Corrected all caps

I'm wondering the same thing, dispatch came in as all available man power to HQ for West Harrison, and Tanker 9 to relocate

I looked at that article and it does not appear to have anything to do with water supply.

Why would a tanker be needed for stand by in this area unless there is something wrong with the water supply

The article also said that the area was clear around 2:10 PM which is almost an hour and a half before the start of this topic.

The news article was "downtown" fire nothing to do with "up town"...

Purchase has a major water main break on Purchase St. near Lake St. I don't know the specifics, but that's pretty much what's going on.

Water Dept and DPW are on location.

That's all I know, I'm sure someone will chime in.

The 20" water main cracked just south of Route 120 on Purchase Street. The WC Airport and Purchase only had major water loss for less than an hour, while West Harrison is still experiencing almost total water loss. The only water available are the water towers at the Nike Base and the "top of the hill" in West Harrison.

JBJ

The 20" water main cracked just south of Route 120 on Purchase Street. The WC Airport and Purchase only had major water loss for less than an hour, while West Harrison is still experiencing almost total water loss. The only water available are the water towers at the Nike Base and the "top of the hill" in West Harrison.

JBJ

Looks like your busy!

Why call Banksvilles tanker when Pleasantvilles tanker is closer.

Edited by bvfdjc316

Not sure why but Pleasantvilles Tanker is not capable of Pumping.Banksvilles is Pumper Tanker.

maybe so they don't strip a small area, "spreading the love", so to speak.... :P

Edited by EFFP411

In order to strip norther westchester of any of its resources, especially tankers, it needs to be a huge incident when I believe Yonkers had its water-mains shut off for a night and over half a dozen tankers were down in Southern Westchester.

Many towns north of Chappaqua/Mount Kisco has a tanker

Tankers above Mt. Kisco:

Katonah

Banksville

Armonk

Bedford Hills

Croton

Croton Falls

Somers

Millwood

Pound Ridge

Vista

Yorktown

South Salem

There is no way sending Armonks or Banksvilles tanker will even remotely stretch resources

Also even thought Pleasantvilles tanker does not have a pump it can still dump into a portable pond and have source pumper draft to feed attack engines using LDH. However, filling the tanker once its empty might be a problem.

Edited by bvfdjc316

Let's face it too - how many people know that Pleasantville even has a tanker?!

I've said this before and I am sure I will bring it up again someday, there are A LOT of resources out there that many don't even know about! The best bet is to contact 60 Control, tell them what you need, and let them worry about who gets sent. Everyone always asks questions like, "why didn't so and so get called," not realizing there may be a reason or two - like a unit is OOS, a department declines a call, etc.

If West Harrison asks for something, that's THEIR CHOICE too.

I hate to quote JFLYNN ( :P ), but honestly, QTIP!