Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Wrecked: Life In The Crash Lane (New Show On Speed Network)

13 posts in this topic

Looks awesome, can't wait to check it out!

Accidents happen. Cleaning up the mess isn’t for the faint of heart. Be on the scene with the crew from O’Hare Towing as they put their lives on the double-yellow line. Meet Chicago’s toughest towing family living life in the crash lane. Ride with the brave crew of O’Hare towing. Hear real stories. Witness real danger. Discover the untold side of the business of towing and get hooked on WRECKED, Life in the Crash Lane. Premiering July 17th, exclusively on SPEED.

Here's a link to the trailer for the show:

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/b...bctid1657896860

Is that a UP SD 70 MAC? You don't see too many of them around these parts.

Heads up, show airs two new episodes on SPEED @ 10PM EST. I like it so far....the wrecker/recovery pro's at O'Hares in Chicago really have their work cut out for them....and beutiful equipment as well.

Has anyone been able to watch yet?

Im gonna try to watch it tonite so far havent seen it, Looks cool on the preview

Heads up, show airs two new episodes on SPEED @ 10PM EST. I like it so far....the wrecker/recovery pro's at O'Hares in Chicago really have their work cut out for them....and beutiful equipment as well.

Has anyone been able to watch yet?

Yes, last night. Very cool show.They do alot of winching,blocking and change of direction pulls. The show last night they had to take the wheels of a trailer and finish cutting a roof to get it out from under an overpass.They cut the roof with a k-12 and used cables and chains to stabilize the trailer before towing it.

Excellent show....if you don't have SPEED and have Tivo, it's one of the many programs you can download on Amazon Unbox.

O'Hare's has a fascinating operation- and a cool fleet!

Hs anyone been watching this show? I love it. I've always found wreckers and recovery fascinating, and this show clearly demonstrates why.

O'Hare Towing is a very impressive operation, kind of like Chicago's version of Stiloski's.

Maybe for the next season they could shoot with Stiloski's as well?

I am a tow operator by trade (Wreckmaster certified) and I have to say that I'm not really too impressed with this show. It's kind of like the Orange County Choppers of the tow industry. The youger brother seems a little too whiny and likes to play it up for the camera (Pauly Jr), the boss is a bit of a bully and likes to pick on the younger brother (Pauly Sr.), the heavy operator that has been with the company for 20+ years and knows the ropes (Vinny) and I'm still trying to figure out who is the Mikey like character.

I couldn't believe that they used a rotator in the first (maybe 2nd) episode to lift a small pickup that had gotten between a couple of concrete bridge dividers. Now, I wasn't there, but from what I could see, they could have probably pulled the truck out with either a flat bed or a regular light duty tow truck. Also, there are some things that I see done that are pretty dangerous and would get some of us fired if we ever did them. Is it good entertainment? Yes, it's one of those shows that over glorifies a trade. (Kind of what Rescue Me does for the FDNY) Is it realistic? Not in my book. Just my $0.02

Edited by PA Firefighter

PA Firefighter, looking at it from a civilian standpoint, do you see the show giving the profession a positive image? I mean, many people think tow truck drivers are just that.

I think the narration with the emphasis on safety, and professionlism, shows the recovery industry in a good light?

stiltow, would love to hear your thoughts.....

Definetly a great show, regardless. It really reflects an industry that has a lot of negative stereotypes in a positive fashion, and of course, to keep viewers interested, they are going to edit the show and show off their equipment.

Has anyone else been watching?

Hope this show gets picked up for another season. I think Stiloski's would be a great season!

i've watched it a couple times now...good show, i like it...beautiful apparatus!

i've watched it a couple times now...good show, i like it...beautiful apparatus!

Same here, Cool show