Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ardsley New Ladder 50?

3 posts in this topic

I just heard a rumor that Ardsley FD is looking to replace their Ladder 50? Can anyone confirm?

I'd heard that they were in the process of forming a commitee. Last I was told, it will be very similar to the current quint, only a 100' aerial instead of a 75'. I believe they demo'd or looked at a Spartan/Crimson last I had heard (Ardsley's two Engines are on Spartans).

They just moved into a new firehouse, and although Ardsley aims to replace it's apparatus at 20 years usually by floating a bond, finances are currently tight so I don't know how soon it will be replaced. I'm positive though that the current Chiefs can accomplish getting the funding.

The current Quint, Ladder 50 formerly known as Quint 1, is a 1988 Hahn/LTI 75'/1500/400. It is in excellent condition, keeping in mind it's 20 years old.

I'm sure PJ or someone can fill us in more.....my information is current as of last January....

Yes Ardsley is looking into getting a new Ladder. We are looking at many different types of trucks. We want it to have a 100ft stick and a pump so we can still use it as a quint.