Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RescueKujo

2008 San Diego Burn Run/Fire Expo

12 posts in this topic

A great day in San Diego. I saw many friends. I followed part of the run for most of the day. Check my PhotoBucket album Duane's 2008 San Diego Burn Run Album for other photos. I have the apparatus photos loaded, and will have the run photos loaded either tomorrow or Monday.

For those who don't know what this event is all about, The Burn Run and Fire Expo benefits the San Diego Burn Institute and raises funds for their Camp Beyond the Scars, a camp for child and adolescent burn survivors. The Institute, along with the FireFighter's Advisory Council to the Burn Institute (F.F.A.C.B.I.) raises funds through t-shirt sales and other fund raisers. This event was started in the early 90's in conjunction with a Padres game at Qualcomm Stadium. You could go to the Expo during the day, and buy tickets as a fundraiser for the Institute to the game. A pregame ceremony would honor the firefighters, with a few from each department lining the baselines. But now the Padres are in Petco, but the Expo is still an all day event.

Here's some of my photos

SDFDR4-1-07-08.jpg

BonitaFDE38-1-07-08.jpg

CSFASteamer-1-07-08.jpg

ECFDE9NewDelivery-5-07-08.jpg

SNTFDE4-2-07-08.jpg

Nice pictures, Duane!! Thanks for sharing. some damn handsome rigs out there!!!!!

nice pics that steam engine is pretty cool and and looking like it is keep in nice shape

Nice pictures, Duane!! Thanks for sharing. some damn handsome rigs out there!!!!!

I agree....... The difference between here and out there is out there they stay handome for many years......... Back here after the first winter, they look like crap!!!!!!

I agree....... The difference between here and out there is out there they stay handome for many years......... Back here after the first winter, they look like crap!!!!!!

Man, you got that right!!!

The left coast seems to have the coolest urban/wildland interface units.

Thanks for the comments, guys. Photounit, PM reply sent. Once again, I appreciate you taking the time to help out.

Duane

Great photos. Anyone else start humming the theme song to CHiPs when you saw John and Ponch sitting on their BMW motocycles? haha.

It looks like the 2nd picture of the Engine painted Black and Red, has 2 federal signal Q sirens in the bumper! I can honestly say I've never seen that before. What would be the need for 2 Q sirens??

It is possible that one of the Federal Q's is an electronic siren with the recessed mechanical siren, or it could be as simple as the rig has to mechanical sirens like that pumper from that was floating around somewhere with 2 mechanical and 2 electric Q sirens.