Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

A Sad Story About P.T.S.D.

3 posts in this topic

A sad story about PTSD. It's s ahme so many people are just completly ignorant to us, especially our own goverment. This has been going on way before Vietnam and today's wars.

Soldier in famous photo never defeated 'demons'

By ALLEN G. BREED and KEVIN MAURER, Associated Press Writers Sun Jul 20, 1:29 PM ET

PINEHURST, N.C. - Officers had been to the white ranch house at 560 W. Longleaf many times before over the past year to respond to a "barricade situation." Each had ended uneventfully, with Joseph Dwyer coming out or telling police in a calm voice through the window that he was OK.

By ALLEN G. BREED and KEVIN MAURER, Associated Press Writers Sun Jul 20, 1:29 PM ET

PINEHURST, N.C. - Officers had been to the white ranch house at 560 W. Longleaf many times before over the past year to respond to a "barricade situation." Each had ended uneventfully, with Joseph Dwyer coming out or telling police in a calm voice through the window that he was OK.

FULL STORY: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/military_the_enemy_within

I was sad to read that last week...as I am when I read the Roll of Honor in the paper everyday to see fellow vets who have given themselves in the name of service. This one sucks a little more because I remembered the photo.

You were kick a** brother through and through. Semper Fi and rest in peace now warrior!

Damn shame. But there is one comment in there that resonates. Many suffer in silence. I just hope more guys and gals get the help they need. Sucking it up doesn't make the problem go away.