Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LT. 22

Norwalk DPW/New Canaan Vol. Firefighter Hit by car

9 posts in this topic

By John Nickerson, Staff Writer, Stamford Advocate

NORWALK - A city sanitation worker was seriously injured by a speeding car on Quintard Avenue late yesterday morning.

Neil Dennehy, a Department of Public Works employee, was in serious condition at Norwalk Hospital's Intensive Care Unit.

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/norwalkadv...news/ci_9966371

Neil has been a New Canaan Volunteer firefighter for about 4 years. He has always been very active within the Fire Company. He is a guy that will do anything for anybody. I wish him a speedy recovery and my prayers are with him and his family. Please keep him in your thoughts.

Edited by LT. 22

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/norwalkadv...news/ci_9966371

From ScanCT.com

Read the entire story at StamfordAdvocate.com

Neil has been a New Canaan Volunteer firefighter for about 4 years. He has always been very active within the Fire Company. He is a guy that will do anything for anybody. I wish him a speedy recovery and my prayers are with him, his wife, and his daughter. Please keep him in your thoughts.

Ive known Neil and his family for a very long time....this is a shock to me....I will be praying for him and hopefully visiting him at the hospital real soon...

I wish Neil a speedy recovery. He always drops by our firehouses and is a really nice guy. He always seems really into firefighting and I could attest to his pride in being a member of NCVFD. My thoughts are with him and his family and they all can count on all the support and help of the members of the NFD and the Local for whatever they need. This is an example of how dangerous it can be to serve the public in all capacities.

God Bless.

Thoughts and Prayers to you and best wishes for a full and speey recovery

neil, i wish you a speedy recover!

I heard some good news around the firehouse tonight. Neil is conscious and alert and talking and apparently out of the ICU. He was even joking around with one of my co-workers who had the chance to speak to him. He has several broken ribs and some other bumps and such but is expected to fully recover. Thank God. Get better Neil!

JVC

I heard some good news around the firehouse tonight. Neil is conscious and alert and talking and apparently out of the ICU. He was even joking around with one of my co-workers who had the chance to speak to him. He has several broken ribs and some other bumps and such but is expected to fully recover. Thank God. Get better Neil!

JVC

O thank God that he is ok.