Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TR54

Photo - Ardsley Engine 164 Young

12 posts in this topic

Permission from Steve Skaar - Minneapolis MN. Contacted via E-Mail on 7-22-08

From the Duane Troxel Collection , credit to the photographer.

Ardsley Engine 164 - 1971 Young Crusader 1250/Pumper.

post-23-1216923305.jpg

the lights under the two gumdrop lights look weird and where's the blinkers? It looks like an okay truck otherwise. It kinda reminds me of Carmels 12-2-4 before it got refurbished, only it's red instead of green like a real firetruck should be.

the lights under the two gumdrop lights look weird and where's the blinkers? It looks like an okay truck otherwise it kinda reminds me of carmels 12-2-4 before it got refurbished but only it's red instead of green like a real firetruck should be.

Tom the blinkers are on the bumber, it is kept in great shape, looks nice but im not a fan of the young

Nelsonville had one of these, if my memory serves me right, as did Lynbrook, LI.

Nelsonville had one of these, if my memory serves me right, as did Lynbrook, LI.

Nelsonville 20-2-1 (Ex Kings Park LINY), credit to the original photographers

post-17-1216932229.jpg

post-17-1216932258.jpg

The Young was sold to the island of Monserrat in approx. 1992. Watching news footage of the volcano eruptions that occurred some time after that, the Young was clearly visible several times. I am unsure of the fate of it at that incident or after.

Ardsley's rig served them well and was low profile to fit in the bay of the firehouse.

I'd hate to have to replace that windshield! I'm sure that rig has seen plenty of work in its day.

Nelsonville 20-2-1 (Ex Kings Park LINY), credit to the original photographers

post-17-1216932229.jpg

post-17-1216932258.jpg

EJS1810, Does Nelsonville still have this Young Crusader? If not do you or anyone know the whereabouts of this rig?

EJS1810, Does Nelsonville still have this Young Crusader? If not do you or anyone know the whereabouts of this rig?

Nelsonville disbanded about 1999-2000. I do not know where the engine went. I will ask some friends from Cold Spring and see what I can find out.

BEAUTIFUL PHOTO! I loved Ardsley's old Engine 164, and the Young Crusader brand.

To build on what mstrang was saying, Ardsley used to have a t-shirt with the theme of the engine going to Monseratt. If anyone has a photo of the back, please post! I know these shirts are hard to find if any still even exist.

TR54, do you have that photo of the cover of Firehouse Magazine in 1985 with the Young on the front.

And if anyone goes to Monseratt, please bring your camera!

TR54, do you have that photo of the cover of Firehouse Magazine in 1985 with the Young on the front.

Yes I have the entire magazine from June 1985. Chief Jimmy Noone (Ardsley FD) in charge of the scene.