Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Medix-Brand Ambulances

4 posts in this topic

It seems for a while that Medix Ambulances were briefly popular with some local agencies.

I know Empress used several of their modular and vans, Metrocare had some (New Rochelle And White Plains EMS), EVAC had one, and some others.

My question is, are they still a player in the market down here? Do any agencies still use them?

I know Empres has Medix modules (50 series) getting up there in age, do they plan on replacing them with Medix?

Looking at the Medix website, under recent deliveries, there's an ambulance for Eastchester EMS with ID 57(?)B1.

Mike

Looking at the Medix website, under recent deliveries, there's an ambulance for Eastchester EMS with ID 57(?)B1.

Mike

That was delivered a couple of years ago. It is still in service. However, their most recent ambulance was a Ford/Lifeline

Those were the "new" 50 series right? I couldn't stand them when I worked at Empress and they seemed to have a lot of electrical issues! I much preferred the older 50 series, Wheeled Coaches! Even if we did almost die from the fumes! As for empress' purchasing initiatives I have no idea anymore...see new vans around all the time, but haven't seen an obviously new box or mini-mod for some time.