Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

High Speed Amhibious Vehicle

5 posts in this topic

Thats weird that this was brought up... about 5 minutes ago I was reading a brochure about this at my firehouse. Looks like fun but not practical.

Im not sure about a good use, but I'm sure there's going to be at least one somewhere on Long Island

One heck of a fishing boat! I don't know what the practical use would be. Reminds me when a lot of towns and city picked up the surplus "DUCKS" from the military.

I spoke briefly to the rep at Firehouse Expo this weekend. Gibbs and Lockheed Martin began developing these vehicles for military use in spring 2007.

http://www.gibbslockheedamphibians.com/index.php

The demo they had at the show was the ARC 2500 First Responder base model. They basically take the frame for the military version and custom outfit the thing for law enforcement, rescue or firefighting use. It's 25-feet long and 8-feet wide. listed speeds of 30 knots on water and 60 on land. Some available options are roof turret, fire pump, winch systems front and back and auxiliary lighting kits. There are no ARC 2500's in municipal service as of yet.