Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest mahopacfire2003

Putnam County Explorer Weekend

19 posts in this topic

Over the course of the two day weekend of August 2nd to the 3rd, 2008, youth from different explorer groups from all over the area joined together. They would endure a long weekend of training, competitions, as well as new friendships and partnerships between department. Teens were taught how to run a search in a smoky enviroment, learning in the worst of conditions when one's life is endangered how to get out of a building quickly, as well as completing a mass confidence course and firefighter rescue. Teens competed in a few games such as water ball, firefighter challange, bucket bergade, and midnight alarm. Along with the teens were the countless advisors and volunteers who without these very lucky teens would not be recieving the experiences that they are recieving now.

post-128-1217871767.jpg

post-128-1217871777.jpg

Edited by jack10562
Resized images

More Pics

post-128-1217871927.jpg

post-128-1217871935.jpg

Edited by jack10562
resized photo

More Pics

post-128-1217872014.jpg

Edited by jack10562
Resized photo

This is one amazing weekend... Explorers from all over came to Putnam County to learn, to compete and to make friends as MahopacFire had stated. It is the 7th year in row and is not going to stop. I had to work on Saturday but spent most of Sunday out there (after a 16 hour shift at the 911 center) and I had a great time and we had some awesome weather opposed to yesterday (tornado warning!! enter lots of laughing here) all that were there understand.

Thank you to Mahopac FD, Brewster FD, Carmel VAC, Carmel FD,Putnam County Bureau of Emergency Services, and all of the members of Lake Carmel fire dept that assisted in making this weekend another great success. If I forgot somebody I am sorry. If it wasn't for all of you for the last seven years this weekend wouldn't be where it is today. If my calculations are correct there have been over 1000 explorers that have attended the weekend since the beginning. WOW!!

Codus to Fitzjr11 for putting the event together for another year and EJS1810 for dealing with her, (insert more laughter here).

Article from LOHUD.COM

Journal News

I almost forgot. Thank you to Outback Restaurant of Danbury for the dinner Saturday Night.

Edited by LCFD968

Codus to Fitzjr11 for putting the event together for another year and EJS1810 for dealing with her, (insert more laughter here).

I'm going straight up when I'm done here. :D

I'm going straight up when I'm done here. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yes you are..........

Hey that's me and lcfd968's son in the first pic and again in the 4th one.The explorer weekend is always fun and there is alot of good training also.

It was a fun time. its always cool meeting other explorers, and does lohud have any pics

It was a fun time. its always cool meeting other explorers, and does lohud have any pics

The reporter from the Journal news got there Saturday just as the decesion was made to "Bug-Out" (evacuate the training center) do to the incoming storm. I don't think she had a camera with her. There should be pictures up on www.LCFD.com later this week

There should be pictures up on www.LCFD.com later this week

Shawns been taking alot of pictures but nothing is on the site yet he's slipping on that part and weren't you a cause of one of erin's bug outs during dinner tornado warning.

Edited by texastom791

The reporter from the Journal news got there Saturday just as the decesion was made to "Bug-Out" (evacuate the training center) do to the incoming storm. I don't think she had a camera with her. There should be pictures up on www.LCFD.com later this week

thanks Eddie

Shawns been taking alot of pictures but nothing is on the site yet he's slipping on that part and weren't you a cause of one of erin's bug outs during dinner tornado warning.

That was a wig out not a bug out :rolleyes:

Thank you for all that came out and supported the explorer posts, we also had 2 ems explorer posts there who spend all day Sat running a Rehab station and providing ems coverage for the event. Members from Putnam Lake also helped on Sat, and lunch was provided by Outback, Danbury.

And for those of you who know me- Sun + lack of sleep= crankiness, so all those who know that and came out anyway to help I thank you! Look foward to seeing all those next year.

For those Ossining explorers who ventured up for the 1st year- was nice to see you and hope to see you next year, and go figure- you win best overall w/ explorers too!

patience young man patience.. I have to crop out your mug before I put pictures to the website.

Looks like you guys had a great time. I think somewhere out there, Chewky is proud. Nice job Erin, ya dun good kiddo.

For more picts and info go to www.1strespondernews story # 080408122

Mahopac Falls FD was also there on Saturday with our 19-2-1 working the search and rescue as well as helping out with firefighter survival. Erin did a great job with organizing the event. Hope to see you guys again next year!

patience young man patience.. I have to crop out your mug before I put pictures to the website.

mike is pretty big too do you think you'll fit him on the website.