Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RWC130

11 Charged with Credit Card Fraud

5 posts in this topic

11 charged in connection with credit card fraud

By RODRIQUE NGOWI and ANNE D'INNOCENZIO

August 5, 2008

BOSTON (AP) — Eleven people, including a U.S. Secret Service informant, have been charged in connection with the hacking of nine major retailers and the theft and sale of more than 41 million credit and debit card numbers, the Justice Department announced Tuesday.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iL9Fn3V...-qEVwwD92CFNPG0

- TJX Cos.

- BJ's Wholesale Club

- OfficeMax

- Boston Market

- Barnes & Noble

- Sports Authority

- Forever 21

- DSW

So that's my wife's excuse for the credit card bill. :P

Edited by EJS1810

Wow! A secret service agent was in on it! I guess there are bad apples everywhere, that is sad! Credit Card fraud costs so much money each year it is ridiculous, and it is such a pain in the rear to get answers or information and then try to follow it up! Hopefully this makes a dent in the underground business!

Wow! A secret service agent was in on it! I guess there are bad apples everywhere, that is sad! Credit Card fraud costs so much money each year it is ridiculous, and it is such a pain in the rear to get answers or information and then try to follow it up! Hopefully this makes a dent in the underground business!

They did not catch a Secret Service Agent, what they got was an informant. Albert Gonzalez was the ring leader and according to the article, "Gonzalez was a U.S. Secret Service informant who helped the agency take over a Web site being used to transmit stolen identifiers and stolen credit card numbers, U.S. Secret Service Director Mark Sullivan said at the news conference."

Hope they are resting comfortably at the bed and breakfast.