Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Truck4

Bronx- 5th Alarm 08/06 Photos

14 posts in this topic

Why yes I did.

DAMN, you get all the 'good' jobs. Any rundown on companies that responded?

Mike

Doesnt matter...all that counts is that E88/L38 was a handful of action last night. I am biased however......First Due The Zoo baby.

There was enough fire to go around for every one. When it came to relocations, we had quite a few interesting moves. Ladder 16 to 27, Ladder 143 to 54 and then up to 38 when Ladder 13 got the flat fixed. Engine 74 to 42, Engine 5 to 92, and they caught a first due job a few hours later. Always nice to see two tillers up here. Engine 21 to 71, Engine 229 from Brooklyn up to Engine 83. Engine 307 to 81. A job like this makes you think and anticipate what's gonna happen next.

We must have gotten about 35-40 calls just for smoke in the area. One call that sticks in my head that someone took..... Lady calls, and says there's a fire on 180 and Monterey. The Dispatcher tells her the firefighters are there and they're putting it out. She says, "It's not enough!!!!" This was when the job was at a 3rd. Well, she was right. I checked the fire building(s) out on my way home this morning. Looks like it was cooking for a while before it broke out, 3 stores gone.

JBE was there another 75 towards the latter half of this fire?

Edited by ny10570

If you look it JBEs post above its says: "Engine 5 to 92, and they caught a first due job a few hours later."

Sheridan Avenue and McClellan Street around 0115 hours.

Mike....either you got a really tall tripod or you got lucky! How did you get the overhead shot????