Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
medic327

Putnam ALS Contract

50 posts in this topic

Yippee!! :blink:;) We are back to doing County-Wide announcements to help cover calls on the East side of the County..

No, it is not a dig to the east side, they have the call volume..

I just think the affected departments need to step up to assist with coverage, not the county. Some agencies on the west side have hired personel to meet the short fall in coverage they were having, why hasn't the east done the same to meet the need?

I have heard from some of the medics that I deal with that they will not be looking to move over to TransCare. So as was mentioned before, Putnam will be losing some very qualified medics again.

Lets see what the new company brings to the table in October...

I have heard from some of the medics that I deal with that they will not be looking to move over to TransCare. So as was mentioned before, Putnam will be losing some very qualified medics again.

Funny. I seem to recall a lot of people saying they wouldn't go work for Empire when the transfer from Alamo went through. Wonder where a lot of them went to. Oh yeah. Empire.

Some of them already work for multiple agencies.. You never know what will happen down the road.

I am sure they will make the correct decision for thier needs.

I don't remember, does TransCare have a no compete clause like Empress used to (or still does) preventing employees from working for multiple agencies in the same area?

Some of them already work for multiple agencies.. You never know what will happen down the road.

I am sure they will make the correct decision for thier needs.

I don't remember, does TransCare have a no compete clause like Empress used to (or still does) preventing employees from working for multiple agencies in the same area?

they have a non-compeate clause for "private" companies that have a con in areas that they have a con to operate. so an employee could work paid for a municipality if they had a con that transcare also had a con for.

Reliable sources have stated that Transcare has lifted the ban of not working for another company. It would be in their best interest to do this because their NYC crews they pull up to cover have a hard time finding there way around Dutchess County.

Reliable sources have stated that Transcare has lifted the ban of not working for another company. It would be in their best interest to do this because their NYC crews they pull up to cover have a hard time finding there way around Dutchess County.

I was yapping with another medic who worked Putnam back in the day and we were talking about this point this morning. I hope that the County can keep those core medics they've had there for so long because Putnam is not the easiest to navigate if you don't know your way. Getting from east to west in the county can take forever and it takes a lot of familiarity to get around anywhere. I used to like working Medic 2 on Sunday mornings because the PVFD would always be willing to send a member with me to direct me to the call; it was like having a GPS in the passenger seat.

The word I heard was that the notice would be out this week. Some one was away on vacation. Yes the rumors are flying. I talked to several of the Medics including myself and several of us would not be going over if it was Transcare

Transcare lifted there competitor clause almost a month ago... A lot of people say " I wont go there" and half of them end up going anyway. What Pays the Bills???? Thses days you have to work multiple jobs in order to keep from financially sinking.

Well back again B) ... I see a decison has been made by putnam co for the ALS contract. Transcare was selected to continue in Oct.. So now it begins the banter back n' forth about who's comming to work for the new provider and who's not. Of course Transcare will hire some of the medics that have worked in putnam over the years that only makes for good business.. Also there IS NO LONGER A COMPETITION CLAUSE IN EFFECT AS STATED ABOVE... So to those that wish to come over and give some time then I am sure Transcare will be glad to have you ... And to those who wish to not come over then all the best to you in your future endevors... I have in the past worked in Putnam CO for many many years for Sloper and Alamo and am looking foward to working there again.. So give it some time to think it all over then come to wappingers and fill out application and talk to the management if you don't like what you hear then you can say no. Make your own informed decsion don't listen to rumors and gossip... It's been good to see some old faces that i used to work with in putnam this week hopefully will see more of you... B)

Be Safe out there .... :D

TransCare is a GREAT company to work for!

If you are a Paramedic or EMT looking for a good job give

them a call.

Check out TransCare!

http://www.transcare.com/

BLS 4 has been pulled. Back to Medic 3 and 4 staffed with a paramedic and EMT 6a to 6p Mon thru Fri

When does bls 4 get pulled because I heard it take a call the other day ?

TransCare is a GREAT company to work for!

If you are a Paramedic or EMT looking for a good job give

them a call.

Check out TransCare!

http://www.transcare.com/

The website will show you Transcare's Benefits as well as the services that the Compnay offers but, the best thing to do is stay local and call Transcare in Wappingers. The number is 845-463-3354. The supervisor can field your inquiries for employment. It expedites the whole process

Edited by beentheredonethat

Transcare currently has the contract at my facility in Dutchess County. They do 99.9 % of all prescheduled ALS and BLS transports. They wanted us to call them direct for ASAP or emergent ALS transports however they very rarely had the available resources and instead we call Dutchess County 911 directly.

The crews I dealt with were friendly, caring, compassionate, dressed appropriately and looked professional. Unfortunately you could see the huge difference between their Dutchess employees and their NYC employees.

I wish Transcare all the best in Putnam but it seems whatever agency goes in with good intentions to make things work is at the mercy of the system down there.

When does bls 4 get pulled because I heard it take a call the other day ?

BLS4 was pulled the day after the contract was agreed on. You must have misunderstood.

All I have to say is Good luck To TransCare, Looking foward to working with you in Medic 1 Area. Just watch out for Dispatcher 420 He does not give any one a Break. lol JK Good Luck to all

Transcare currently has the contract at my facility in Dutchess County. They do 99.9 % of all prescheduled ALS and BLS transports. They wanted us to call them direct for ASAP or emergent ALS transports however they very rarely had the available resources and instead we call Dutchess County 911 directly.

The crews I dealt with were friendly, caring, compassionate, dressed appropriately and looked professional. Unfortunately you could see the huge difference between their Dutchess employees and their NYC employees.

I wish Transcare all the best in Putnam but it seems whatever agency goes in with good intentions to make things work is at the mercy of the system down there.

I thought this forum was on the Putnam Contract???????

Robert Stuck, TransCare's regional director, said the company would continue to provide around-the-clock advanced life support with four vehicles. An ambulance will continue to be located at fire stations in Mahopac and Patterson.

HMMMMMMMMMMMM

Diiferent company but a lot of the same people. I know a lot of the medics are already hired over at transcare.

I thought this forum was on the Putnam Contract???????

It is!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was just giving my thoughts since I do know alot of the Dutchess County division Medic's and EMT's by name that work for Transcare. I was commenting on their professionalism, compassion and caring attitude of the crews that I have dealt with on almost a daily basis.