Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

NYPD ESU's New Chasis For REP's?

12 posts in this topic

Is NYPD ESU using a new chasis for REP's?

A friend had mentioned that there had been talk of using a medium duty chasis for REP's in the future, and another friend swore he saw an NYPD ESU REP on a Chevrolet/GMC 4500 chasis the other day.

Anyone got info??

What he saw was most likely one of the NYPDs Emergency Support Vehicles or the Bomb Squad.

What he saw was most likely one of the NYPDs Emergency Support Vehicles or the Bomb Squad.

No, he knows what an REP looks like......it had an REP body and was on a medium duty chasis with Knapheide/Reading type boxes between the cab/body.

I see, I only say that it could have been the bomb squad because the bomb squad quarters is on my way to the West Village from GCT and even when I go with friends to that area they all think that it is some ESU truck, even friends of mine who belong to this board.

Edited by bvfdjc316

that looks like a Suffolk county esu rig

heres a story from first responder with a pic of their rig

Suffolk pd esu

Edited by DOC22

I believe that this REP has been featured on this site before. I think it was in a thread about an unknown REP and it turned out to be this truck. This is the K-9 if I am not mistaken.

That rig has AC in the back. It could be for a way to transport injured MOS.

It carries the bomb robot and the monitor. I "think" it also carries an x-ray machine. The Emergency Medical Squad's ambulance is in the background.