Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New Delivery Greenville Fire Dist. (Greene County NY)

11 posts in this topic

post-15689-1218968489.jpg

post-15689-1218968508.jpg

post-15689-1218968531.jpg

new_4.bmp

Greenville FIre Dist #1 has just recently placed into service there new 2008 American LaFrance 75 foot ladder located in there station # 2. Truck 11-5 has seating for 6 Firefighters with 5 of those seats capable of carrying air packs.

Greenville is a town located in upstate NY approx 30-40 min south of the city of Albany. Greenville is one of the only 3 departments in Greene County to house a ladder truck.

the Greenville Fire Districts fleet as of 8/15/08

ETA 11-1... a 2000 KME pumper with seating for 4

M11-2.... a 1972 chevy pick up.

R11-3... a Heavy Rescue equiped with 2 sets of jaws and other rescue tools. seating for 7 firefighters

TA11-4... 1 4000 gallon tanker with seating for 2 firefighters

T11-5... 2008 American LaFrance Ladder

TA11-6... 2800 Gallon Tanker with seating for 2 Firefighters

T11-8 1981 American LaFrance 75 foot ladder with seating for 4 Firefighters

Edited by Echo Delta Niner

Nice Truck!!!! Goodluck with her!!! How did you guys work it out with ALF with all problems they had? Was it delayed any time? and if so how long? Are the ALF orders going out? are they back on line? We have one on order and they keep pushing back the date. Its been over a year now for us. Thanks

I have heard that Yonkers Fire Department will be taking delivery on Monday, August 18, 2008 of 2 New ALF LTI 75" Mid Mount Tower Ladders, to replace the current TL 71 (YFD Headquarters on New School Street) and current TL 75 (at Station 12 on Fortfield Avenue).

Not sure what plans YFD has for the 2 current rigs (TL 71 is a 1999 ALF LTI rig; TL 75 is a 2002 ALF LTI rig). Yonkers currently is using a 2001 Micro Rehab of a 1990 Mack CF/Baker 75' Tower Ladder (Tower Ladder 77).

Maybe Yonkers will sell off the current TL 71 and current spare TL 77 at Auction and take the current TL 75 and make that the New Spare TL 77?

our date was pushed back month by month and it ended up being 4 months late. Its a nice truck with a few exceptions . there is no Q so that makes me sad :( and how it has a hidious ( spelling) the front pre-conect hard suction in on our LADDER TRUCK key word there lol.

but all in all its a nice truck, hasnt responded to anything yet but sooner or later it will. i will post pictures of the rest of our trucks within the day,

yeah i never put it in and i just saw that it said orange county, so i was like o i should change that

yes greenville fire dist in Greene County

"One of 3 ladder trucks in the County". Sounds like it will see a lot of work. What other departments in Greene County have ladders? I think Catskill has one, but who else? do you get alot of M/A from Hudson (Columbia county)?

Edited by EJS1810

the 3 depts that have ladders are Greenville, Catskill, and Coxsackie

Catskill goes m/a alot to hudson we usually cover our end of the county and some of the towns in albany county

How many Greenvilles are there in NY? (Westchester, Orange, AND Greene County?)

Nice truck and nice photos BTW. Are those night shots?

Best of luck with that truck.

Speaking of Greene County, Coxsackie has a big rescue, no?

-Joe DA BUFF

coxsackie's rescue isnt to big