Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dr. Zuki

Yonkers PD: Citywide Street Crime Unit merged into precincts?

2 posts in this topic

Would there be any sense in merging the Yonkers PD citywide Sreet Crime Unit into the precinct anti crime units which perform the same plainclothes duties??

Correct me if wrong, but doesn't citywide SCU basically confine itself to southwest Yonkers?? Is it a duplication of the precinct level anti crime teams??/ Regardless, they all are doing a bang up job... just wonder if there is any sense merging citywide into the precincts or not.

Many Thanks

Dr. Zuki

Lawrence Hospital

I only work here...

Street Crime is still a specialized unit such as ESU, Traffic, and DD.

They work out of their own office and are not a part of any pct.

Precinct level Anti Crime are officers detailed to that division of the pct. These officers normal spots are then filled as needed.

Both units conduct similar investigations, however the Street Crime Unit is assigned missions so to say. I believe they are focusing on firearms at this time.

Anti Crime is the new name for our "Task Force" or as some may recall..."air force 1" as it may have been referred to once or twice accidentally (or on purpose)!

Each Pct has a group of officers assigned to plain clothes anti crime. Where as, the Task Force was predominantly assigned to the 3rd and 4th pcts...and seemed to always be in the 3rd...

I have not seen any directives indicating that Street Crime was going to be broken up and re-assigned, but I wouldn't put anything passed the administration. And I will leave it at that....and for those who listen/scan pay attention to the new stuff the radio room is doing on the air..................