Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OnTheWheel

Scarsdale Dunkin Donuts Hostage Situation

19 posts in this topic

Anyone have details?

BREAKING: Possible hostage situation at Scarsdale Dunkin' Donuts

• August 29, 2008

SCARSDALE -Police are responding to a possible hostage situation at a Dunkin' Donuts on Weaver Street.

According to initial and unconfirmed reports, a person is being held hostage by a group of armed suspects.

http://www.lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...290409/-1/RSS01

:o

Edited by xfirefighter484x
Edited to Conform to EMTBravo Posting Policy, and added article link

From the Journal News:BREAKING: Possible hostage situation at Scarsdale Dunkin' Donuts

• August 29, 2008

Print this page E-mail this article

Text Size: Normal | Large | Larger

Share this article: Del.icio.us Facebook Digg Reddit Newsvine What’s this?

SCARSDALE -Police are responding to a possible hostage situation at a Dunkin' Donuts on Weaver Street.

According to initial and unconfirmed reports, a person is being held hostage by a group of armed suspects.

At 10:45 p.m., SWAT team officers had their weapons trained on the store as spotlights illuminated the area.

Police have stopped all traffic on Weaver Street at Heathcote Road. The store is located at 1483 Weaver St.

CHECK LOHUD.COM FOR UPDATES AND READ ABOUT THIS STORY TOMORROW IN THE JOURNAL NEWS.

:o

This Dunkin Donuts is in the city of New Rochelle on Weaver St just south of the Heathcote by-pass.

Initial report of 2 men with hand guns in the store.

This Dunkin Donuts is in the city of New Rochelle on Weaver St just south of the Heathcote by-pass.

HOW DARE YOU CLAIM ITS IN NEW ROCHELLE. Everyone knows that that area is Scarsdale, because the real estate agent told us it is. Just because its on the NR map and they pay NR tax in no way makes this location in NR..........LOL

I was worried about the donuts... I'm glad they are ok. Passed the store this morning and they are fully open for business!

Police are searching for two men who attempted to rob the Dunkin Donuts it says on lohud..............so i guess nobody was hurt and the donuts are fine.................

well at least they know where to set up a command post................

COME ON Who Robs a DD YOu know it is tracking grounds for police. 1 sweep around the block stop and get some DD 2nd sweep around the block stop and get some DD. You never know the police will even sit on over time at DD. but Serious What Police Officer is gonna Step up Patrol over there at DD to prevent this from happen. I bet there is already a LIST full wanting the postion. lol jk

:P You have got to be kidding me !!!!! You mean to tell me there was NO police presence at this establishment ????????? They must have staked it out and knew when shift changes were for the PD ....... j/k What dopephienne would try to rob a DD ? Well atleast he did it at the end of the shift and they got some OT LOL :rolleyes::lol::P

New Rochelle P.D. only has 1 car in sector 9 and the next closest, sector 8, has Donut World and a Starbucks. Why would sector 8 go all the way to the end of sector 9 for coffee, maybe for the donuts when Donut World is closed.

Anyway, sector 9 has a large area to cover and most of sector 9's time is spent running on burglar alarms with sector 8 on the back up. There is more of a chance that a Scarsdale RMP would be there then NRPD, and not sure if Dunkin Donuts is sophisticated enough for SPD's tastes.

HOW DARE YOU CLAIM ITS IN NEW ROCHELLE. Everyone knows that that area is Scarsdale, because the real estate agent told us it is. Just because its on the NR map and they pay NR tax in no way makes this location in NR..........LOL

NRFD Engine Officer: Yes Mrs. Northender you do live in New Rochelle and No the Scarsdale Fire Department is not coming. May we now put out the fire in your house.

Mrs. N: I called the Scarsdale Fire Department and they said their on the way. (as the fire in the house grows). I live in SCARSDALE and no one from New Rochelle is going to put my

fire out. I LIVE IN SCARSDALE !!!!!!! Who called you anyway.

NRFD Engine Officer: Who called us, the Scarsdale Fire Department called us, because your house is in New Rochelle, not Scarsdale.

Finally Mrs. N allowed the NRFD to extinguish the fire. And SFD never showed up. Why should they, the fire was in New Rochelle.

This actually happened many years ago it the North end of New Rochelle that has a Scarsdale P.O.

I had this happen to me when I rolled into a dryer fire at a Chappaqua P.O.....

Homeowner: "The fire is out..... WAIT, what do you mean the Millwood FD covers my house? I live in Chappaqua!'

Capt. Smith: "Sir I'm aware, I live in Chappaqua too, but the Millwood FD covers most of the Town of NC west of Roaring Brook Road including both of our houses, can we see if you compeletly extinguished the fire your wife reported in the dryer?"

Homeowner: "Well..... Ok!"

On a serious note I am glad that everyone is OK.

Now what I wanna know is how many Donuts were taken in for "Evidence" ???

After all it was a Crime Scene! lol

And one more thing.

The topic is labeled wrong, it's not "Scarsdale Dunkin Donuts Hostage Situation"

It should say "New Rochelle Dunkin Donuts Hostage Situation".

Actually to tell you the truth, ive never seen a cop at dunkin donuts....The 7 maybe 8 times ive seen a cop with a coffee/donut, it was from the deli or "the guy on the corner"....Prob b/c there smart enough to buy the same thing for a cheaper (and taste better lol) rather than "go put a down payment on a donut" at DD. lol

Anyway, Yeah I saw a couple Town Mamaroneck PD cars heading up weaver while I was at the firehouse.

Edited by NoFearFD

Actually to tell you the truth, ive never seen a cop at dunkin donuts.....Anyway, Yeah I saw a couple Town Mamaroneck PD cars heading up weaver while I was at the firehouse.

If your in TMFD then you may or may not know that TMPD had codes for food locations for pick-up. If memory serves DD was "location #1"

If your in TMFD then you may or may not know that TMPD had codes for food locations for pick-up. If memory serves DD was "location #1"

hmm, didnt pick up on it.

When you get old, the memory is the first to go. Location #1 was Cooks. Dunkin Donuts is location 12.

Any security cameras capture these fellas? I'd like to see some picture shots.

I'm sure DD has cameras, no?

When you get old, the memory is the first to go. Location #1 was Cooks. Dunkin Donuts is location 12.

Nope its not age.....its more likely the fact that I have not listened to TMPD since 1985/6

Not very bright on their part...D and D is known as blue collar from what I've read on hear (even though I still say their coffee sucks), could have had several people in their that are legal gun owners (oh damn...I forgot...it happened in Westchester). Would've been better off trying a Starbucks with all the anti gun libs in there.