Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CPAGE

Broad Channel VFD in Queens NY

10 posts in this topic

BCVFD has had this unit in service since 7/6/08 and they are now going to replace the uunit with a Hanh from Malverne LI.

I will be out in the area on 9/6/08 for a block party and will try and photo all of the apparatus they have.

Info and Photo from the BCVFD web site. 1500 GPM Hale/Foam Pumper. Ex-Wynantskill VFD Engine 42-1, Rensselaer County, NY. Placed in service July 6th, 2008.

post-1209-1220106939.jpg

Edited by CPAGE

Ex-Parsippany/Troy Hills VFD Truck 653 Parsippany, NJ Donated through the efforts of Dave Cavalieri and Ex-Chief Frank Malone.

This unit is now with the Broad Channel VFD in Queens NY.

Photo is from the BCVFD web site.

1981 Pirsch/Hendrickson 100ft Aerial

post-1209-1220107407.jpg

Here is the Hanh that will replace the 1984 ALF.

Again photo and info from the BCVFD web site.

1500 GPM Hale/Foam Pumper. Donated by the Malverne VFD Nassau County, NY This rig has been aquired by the BCVFD to replace Eng 206, a 1984 American LaFrance, which is now 25 years old and due for retirement.

post-1209-1220109615.jpg

Hey when you go down there, find out the status of thier new firehouse. I know they have been trying to raise funds for the building for a few years now. Have they had anumore luck towards groundbreaking?

I was in Rockaway last weekend and when we drove by the site it is still the same just fenced off with the sign. Not a thing has been done. But I will ask some of the guy's next weekend.

Chris

Is it just me or on the hann under the pump panal dont it look like there missing some dimond plate

Broad Channel's Ladder appearing in the Mamaroneck Village Firefighters Parade 6-29-06

post-11-1220207569.jpg

And, sorry, a really crummy shot of their engine at the Mamaroneck Parade 6-29-06

post-11-1220207697.jpg

The nickname Renegade Warriors, for you history buffs out there, was given to the BC Vollies by a Chief in the 47Bn.

Is it just me or on the hann under the pump panal dont it look like there missing some dimond plate

The reason I was told its missing is because the pump is being repaired / replaced and that is why the Hahn is not in service yet. That was form a question I has asked on Ed Burke's site.