Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ex-commish

Is EMS required for HS football games?

35 posts in this topic

Back in the day we had the benefit of a Dermatologist on the sidelines. His kid was on the team, so he qualified.

Back in the day we had the benefit of a Dermatologist on the sidelines. His kid was on the team, so he qualified.

Hey doc...I got this rash...well, no not from the game...from the cheerleader over there...she gets around.

NYS DOH Part 18 outlines the requirements for events with more than 5,000 participants (medical facility and dedicated standby rig, etc).

Edited by JackEMT

in Mahopac they have a ambulance and a trainer from school on standby but i don't know if its in service or just in service for the game you would have to ask a Mahopac Falls guy

Just so happens I am a Mahopac Falls 'guy' EMT and do alot of these stand bys at the high school. When we go the ambulance is technically out of service for any other calls but I can't say there haven't been times that it has left instead of letting calls go mutual aid or calls that need an immediate response.

I'm pretty sure Philipstown VAC still does the stand by's like when I was Capt long ago. The rig is in service while it's there and will take calls. This part I'm not sure if it's the same though, If it leaves for a call the second rig is toned out and requested to the game and if that rig goes to a call we toned out Garrison with one of there rigs. This is how it used to be but that was in the days of Dr. Desi being the MD for the games, like I said a LONG time ago. We did'nt get anything from the school for doing the standby's other than good PR.