Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ryefd192

Death Magnetic

6 posts in this topic

Got the new Metallica Album this morning, and I must say it is everything that St. Anger wasn't. As a long standing Metallica fan, I am very excited by the album..

Edited by ryefd192

Just got it from iTUNES and I am more than Happy to see Metallica got their baseballs back!! Definitely sounds a little like the sound they had for Mater of Puppets, ...And Justice For All and the Black Album. I've been a Metallica fan since Ride the Lightning and cried when Cliff died.

And Rye, what is this "St. Anger" album you are talking of, I don't believe that it exists!!! LOL

Just got it from iTUNES and I am more than Happy to see Metallica got their baseballs back!! Definitely sounds a little like the sound they had for Mater of Puppets, ...And Justice For All and the Black Album. I've been a Metallica fan since Ride the Lightning and cried when Cliff died.

And Rye, what is this "St. Anger" album you are talking of, I don't believe that it exists!!! LOL

Stepping on a cats tail was better sounding then St Anger. Looking foward to the new album.

I listened to the new album in its entirety earlier in the week and I will too say it's the best they've had since Puppets. Justice was a decent album but had the week base lines. This is why I'm comparing it back to the Puppet days. I also must say Robert Trujillo kicks a** in his first Metallica offering.

JH and LU admit St Anger was a week album and was rushed through production. I personally think the failure of Anger and the "selling out" of Metallica during the Black, Load and Reload days was due to former producer Bob Rock.

Now that Rick Rubin had taken over the production of Death Magnetic, Metallica is back and better than ever!

Edited by TRUCK6018

I remember being 15 years old when Load came out and being so dissapointed. Me and my friend Tommy waited for weeks for the "Until it Sleeps" single to be premiered on the old Q104.3 when it was a hard rock/metal station. We were speechless, couldn't belive how bad it sucked. I was expecting at least the Black Album and got some crappy "lite-alternative" band instead. The logo change, the eye makeup, bad haircuts, new soft sound, no gutar solos, it was definitely the most dissapointing moment of June 1996.

I haven't heard the new album yet, but I have heard there new song "Cyanide", and it does sound closer to their early work. It is at least Black Album worthy material.

Edited by weaselff

Personally, as a drummer, the biggest draw back to St. Anger besides the lack of solos was the filter they used on the drums/ lack of any snare sound...but I digress..I have already learned a few of the new songs on Guitar, and a lot of the new stuff is a lot more technical than it used to be