Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

FDNY Marine 9 Sept. 11th. 08

8 posts in this topic

I was down in the city for the memorial and went over to Staten Island afterwards for lunch and to meet a few friends. We went to RH Tugs over on Richmond Terrace and got a hell of a lunchtime show from Marine 9. Enjoy.

DSCN3813Small.jpg

DSCN3808Small.jpg

DSCN3792Small.jpg

DSCN3791Small.jpg

DSCN3790Small.jpg

I was down in the city for the memorial and went over to Staten Island afterwards for lunch and to meet a few friends. We went to RH Tugs over on Richmond Terrace and got a hell of a lunchtime show from Marine 9. Enjoy.

Terrific shots!!! Thanks for sharing and thanks for coming to NYC too!!!

great pics, but I would love to see some shots from inside... the pump room, pump panel, some of the piping ( I can imagine how they must have to lay it out ), the engine room...

i've been in her engine room its all still orginal switches last time I was aboard. I wish I had my camerea but I left it at home that day. I don't belive the engine is answered by bells any more. I do know the Harvey Boat is ALL orginal and her engines are still givens bell orders on the bridge.

Thats cool, I would to see a fire boat in person

What an awesome looking vessel. Love the pictures!

THANKS!!!!!!!!

great pics, but I would love to see some shots from inside... the pump room, pump panel, some of the piping ( I can imagine how they must have to lay it out ), the engine room...

A few years ago on the NJ Metro Fire Photographers Association's Annual FDNY Bus Trip we were fortunate enough to go aboard Marine-9 and take lots of photos. If I can find them, I will post them !

I do have one picture of the wheelhouse with my daughter at the wheel, but I prefer not to post that one. As for the rest of the ship, we really did not have time to explore the whole thing as the guys on board were going for meal when we showed up. As for the telegraph, it is still used to this day and the bells still chime when it is moved. (Really pretty freaking neat to see and hear.) If anyone wants to see a fantastic documentary on the rechristening of the ship when it was out back in to service in October of 2003, go to this link. It is almost 20 minutes long, but gives a preety in depth look at both the ship and it's crew at the time.

I also have some video posted on You Tube of the ship operating on the same day the pics were taken. You can find those 3 videos at the bottom of this page.