Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oc344

Another EMS merger?

24 posts in this topic

Is the rumor true or false…Empire (a.k.a. Hudson Valley Paramedics) is taken over or merging with Regional EMS (Orange Co. Division)?

From what I was told, (Empire) Hudson Valley Paramedics bought the C.O.N. for orange county from Regional EMS, and Regional is pulling out of Orange and moving their operations solely to Rockland. Now as for a merger, I highly doubt it.

Edited by EFFP411

Is the rumor true or false…Empire (a.k.a. Hudson Valley Paramedics) is taken over or merging with Regional EMS (Orange Co. Division)?

It is true.

From what I was told, (Empire) Hudson Valley Paramedics bought the C.O.N. for orange county from Regional EMS, and Regional is pulling out of Orange and moving their operations solely to Rockland. Now as for a merger, I highly doubt it.

Ok I would agree with you on that but Empire already holds a CON for Orange Co. so why would a company that already holds a license for Orange Co. write a check for $250K-$300K for a license they already hold?

If this is true please someone explain that logic.

Was Regional losing money or just time to regroup and evaluate business needs?

Ok I would agree with you on that but Empire already holds a CON for Orange Co. so why would a company that already holds a license for Orange Co. write a check for $250K-$300K for a license they already hold?

Hudson Valley is listing this as an acquisition and it includes the Pike county operation. I firmly believe that this a ploy with an eventual overall takeover by Regional/RPS to extend themselves later on. The reason that a company with an Orange County CON acquiring this company is because it includes the Pike County operations.

Well Regional has very few contracts even left in Orange. Chester, Cornwall, town of florida come to mind as well as a few others. They had New Windsor until New Windsor EMS upgraded to independant ALS operations and started hiring their own medics. It's not really worth it to them to stay in Orange in my opinion...

EFFP411, You are wrong again. They got alot more than you think. Yes the New Windsor deal is on going, but as most of us know 911 is not where you make the money. If Matt is right, and I think he is. Ray & Mike have always ran a class act & know where and how to make the money. There is alot more to this than we know. Look this has been one of the best kept secrets in EMS. Also it is True and it is a acquisition. Mike W posted it on When To Work.

So who is taking over who? I assume Regional is taking over Hudson Valley? Does that mean they will have to repaint the buses all over again? :P

So who is taking over who? I assume Regional is taking over Hudson Valley? Does that mean they will have to repaint the buses all over again? :P

I knew this was going to happen when Empire switched over it was just a matter of time with "MANGENMENT" but I would also like to know who is taking over who or change of name again.

From the sounds of things Empire is taking over Regional's Orange County operations. Basically, Regional has the two smallest hospitals in the county (Bon Secours in Port Jervis and St. Anthony's in Warwick). They also have a few nursing home contracts here and there on the west side of the county (St. Theresa's, Middletown Park Manor, and half of Valley View of the top of my head). As far as the east side of the county operation goes, once New Windsor goes ALS, they basically will have none. Regional is doing preferred provider transports out of St. Luke's and Cornwall by insurance company request, but they would have to be renegotiated and quite frankly, Empire could have worked out those deals before the acquisition.

On the west side of the county, they actually have quite a few of the smaller townships, but none of those contracts/agreements would automatically go to Empire anyway. Mike has dealt with many of these agencies in the past, so I would guess that he's already made his pitch and feels that enough of the agencies will stay with Empire to make this acquisition. The Pike Co. operations are extremely limited and probably weren't a deal maker.

I don't really see the sense in this acquisition, but I'm not an EMS manager. It will at least make things interesting for a few months; hopefully all of our brother and sister providers are able to keep their jobs and not get hurt in the deal.

Yes HVP is the lead in the deal at this time. As I have heard it from the source everything stays as is for awhile. I also believe there is more to come. It was also said by HQ sources that they have been talking with HVP as well. This is going to be interesting

.............. It was also said by HQ sources that they have been talking with HVP as well. This is going to be interesting

You know the real reason behind that Op

EFFP411, You are wrong again. They got alot more than you think. Yes the New Windsor deal is on going, but as most of us know 911 is not where you make the money. If Matt is right, and I think he is. Ray & Mike have always ran a class act & know where and how to make the money. There is alot more to this than we know. Look this has been one of the best kept secrets in EMS. Also it is True and it is a acquisition. Mike W posted it on When To Work.

Are you kidding me? I'm choking on the Company propaganda over here its so thick... I should have been a little more specific and narrowed my statement down to the EASTERN SIDE of orange. A few nursing homes here and there can't be making them any money man

Are you kidding me? I'm choking on the Company propaganda over here its so thick... I should have been a little more specific and narrowed my statement down to the EASTERN SIDE of orange. A few nursing homes here and there can't be making them any money man

Obviously you have nver worked in a dispatch or billing office for commercial EMS thats the bread and butter that pays the bills, 911 breakes even at best most of the time its a loss. Remember its billed by the mile, and how close to each other are the facilities in orange.

I was waiting for this topic to come up!!! I will dispel many of the rumors and much of the rhetoric that is being posted here. I am not an employee of Regional EMS, Rockland Paramedics, Rockland Mobile Care, Empire, Hudson Valley Paramedics or any commercial or other paid EMS or ambulance service.

I am, however, the Chief of Operations for the Chester Volunteer Ambulance Corps Inc.

CVAC has 2 contracts with Regional EMS. The first contract we have with them is for daytime staffing of our units M-F 0600-1800. The second contract we have with them is an ALS intercept/billing contract.

I was contacted by Mike Witkowski of Hudson Valley Paramedics this past Monday and was given the following information:

Hudson Valley Paramedics (aka Empire State Ambulance) has completed the acquisition of the Orange and Pike County Pennsylvania divisions of Regional EMS. This acquisition includes the following: the name “Regional EMS”, the Regional EMS CON, all of the contracts that Regional EMS has in Orange County and Pike County Pennsylvania. This includes all contracts with healthcare facilities, contracts for BLS staffing for Volunteer Ambulance Corps, contracts for ALS intercepts/ALS billing reimbursement, all ambulances and equipment assigned to the Orange and Pike County Divisons, all personnel assigned to the Orange and Pike County Divisions.

The Rockland County Division of Regional EMS will be changing back to the name of Rockland Mobile Care, which is the name that Regional EMS started off with when Rockland Paramedic Services created an ambulance transport division of their ALS Fly Car company.

Trauma74,

Thanks for clearing that up. Sometimes rumors

on here take off and RUN!!!!!!!! lol

Nice to have someone with credible information

post it on EMTBravo

I was waiting for this topic to come up!!! I will dispel many of the rumors and much of the rhetoric that is being posted here. I am not an employee of Regional EMS, Rockland Paramedics, Rockland Mobile Care, Empire, Hudson Valley Paramedics or any commercial or other paid EMS or ambulance service.

I am, however, the Chief of Operations for the Chester Volunteer Ambulance Corps Inc.

CVAC has 2 contracts with Regional EMS. The first contract we have with them is for daytime staffing of our units M-F 0600-1800. The second contract we have with them is an ALS intercept/billing contract.

I was contacted by Mike Witkowski of Hudson Valley Paramedics this past Monday and was given the following information:

Hudson Valley Paramedics (aka Empire State Ambulance) has completed the acquisition of the Orange and Pike County Pennsylvania divisions of Regional EMS. This acquisition includes the following: the name "Regional EMS", the Regional EMS CON, all of the contracts that Regional EMS has in Orange County and Pike County Pennsylvania. This includes all contracts with healthcare facilities, contracts for BLS staffing for Volunteer Ambulance Corps, contracts for ALS intercepts/ALS billing reimbursement, all ambulances and equipment assigned to the Orange and Pike County Divisons, all personnel assigned to the Orange and Pike County Divisions.

The Rockland County Division of Regional EMS will be changing back to the name of Rockland Mobile Care, which is the name that Regional EMS started off with when Rockland Paramedic Services created an ambulance transport division of their ALS Fly Car company.

Actually Rockland Mobile Care was the for profit divison of Rockland Paramedic Services. It came about when the old County EMS license was sold off by Nyack Hospital. I have a two questions 1) Why wasn't there a public hearing by the region about the acquisition I thought that anytime this type of deal went down there was to be a public hearing?, 2) Is Hudson Valley Paramedics going to maintain the Regional EMS name for the Orange County operation and be Hudson Valley Paramedics dba, doing business as, Regional EMS or did they contact the present contract holders and change the name I checked and contracts cannot be sold with the licenses.

Actually Rockland Mobile Care was the for profit divison of Rockland Paramedic Services. It came about when the old County EMS license was sold off by Nyack Hospital. I have a two questions 1) Why wasn't there a public hearing by the region about the acquisition I thought that anytime this type of deal went down there was to be a public hearing?, 2) Is Hudson Valley Paramedics going to maintain the Regional EMS name for the Orange County operation and be Hudson Valley Paramedics dba, doing business as, Regional EMS or did they contact the present contract holders and change the name I checked and contracts cannot be sold with the licenses.

Your question about a public hearing needs to be address with the NYS DOH and the Hudson Valley Regional EMS Council.

As far as the use of the Regional EMS name is concerned. I did state in my post that the name "Regional EMS" was part of the deal. The name Regional EMS will stay in place for Orange and Pike Counties.

If the CON for Mobile Care's Orange County operations doesn't need to be actually transferred (since HVP already has an Orange CON), then there doesn't need to be an administrative hearing for the simple transfer of assets and contracts. I don't understand why they would buy another CON. And since the service itself isn't being sold, there is no transfer of ownership, which also means no hearing necessary. Almost like Empress selling off it's Mount Vernon "division" with the contract and the physical assets to someone else. No Article 78 needed.

Edited by Skooter92

CVAC has 2 contracts with Regional EMS. The first contract we have with them is for daytime staffing of our units M-F 0600-1800. The second contract we have with them is an ALS intercept/billing contract...

Thanks for the info Doug. These ambulance acquisition things are always kind of strange and it seems like every one has different rules. Usually the contracts of the company (or division in this case) being acquired don't automatically carry over from company to company but maybe since they are keeping the Regional EMS name, there is some kind of difference.

I wonder what happened to the personnel that was working both Orange and Rockland shifts on a regular basis.

NWFDMedic (Dan),

No problem. I like to keep everyone updated with the correct info. When are you going to make the switch and go to the other side? LOL! J/K! :P

I received an official letter from Rockland Paramedics Services CEO Ray Florida today and he assured me that the change of hands with Regional EMS will be seamless and extra steps are being taken to make things go as smooth as possible.

I was down in NYC tonight at New York Presbyterian Hospital-Milstein Building

where I saw what looked liked a Regional EMS Ambulance but as I got closer

I noticed it now says "Rockland Mobile Care"

Rockland Mobile Care is on all rigs on the for-profit side of Rockland Paramedics. They sold off the Regional name.