Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

jetBlue Terminal 6's Fate?

5 posts in this topic

As some of you may know, jetBlue will be moving into a brand new Terminal (5) @ JFK on October 22nd.

New JetBlue Terminal 5 Designed for Unprecedented Efficiency and Customer Ease

JetBlue Terminal 5 At JFK to Offer Customers Unique Dining and Shopping Experience

JetBlue Celebrates New Terminal 5 At JFK

My question is, and I've tried to find the answer.....does anyone here know the fate of the current jetBlue terminal, JFK T6?

Thanks for the information....

I hope it's ready by Monday October 27th

because I am flying JetBlue out of JFK to Las Vegas!

Just an opinion here, I'm sure a bunch of the airlines will put it to use in one way or another.(Hello Captain Obivous!!!) And of course, Seth will have somewhere to land when he jaunts back here, and I will have somewhere to take off from on my next So Cal out and about!!!

The plan by JetBlue, is to knock down T-6 upon completion of T-5. The reason for this is so JetBlue has an open area for their planes to be moved freely and staged accordingly. The current T-6 set up, has JetBlue planes jockeying to certain gates and competing with larger British Airways and United planes to get in and out. It does'nt appear that any other airline will be going into T-6, as all of the equiptment is slated to be moved out when T-5 opens...If this changes, I'll give an update.

Thanks for the info....had heard a rumor that Southwest was looking to break into that terminal. It makes sense to knock it down, jetBlue does need the space for aircraft movement however I'd be suprised that the Port Authority would let that occur, considering some of the airlines that would love in at JFK.