Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
irishfire2491

Ring Around The MOON 10-13-08

9 posts in this topic

Has any one got a chance to step outside and get a glance at the moon or poss. get any pictures?

I was outside working on my car and for some reason I went to look up at the moon and was set back and asked my friend if he saw what I did just to make sure I was not Tripping on something. I have never seen this before So I was not sure what to aspect of this!!!! There was a HUGE perfect Ring around the moon. I went to look it online and found that it is ice crytle that are formed in the air and that there will be a rain storm on its way. Does anyone have more info on this???

Yes it can often be seen in varying degrees but as you said, usually indicates rain is coming

What you were seeing was actually a ring of radiation coming from your hometown of Verplanck, O'Brien!!!

J/K :lol:

I'm stuck inside working so I haven't seen it, sounds cool though.

I have seen a ring around the moon before that's just outside its borders, but what I saw last night (12th) was pretty cool. It took up a full 1/4 of the sky and was a perfect circle.

Nice I think I am recharged for my nightlight status. lol CLAP ON CLAP OFF lol

Don't forget to put your helmet on and line your windows with tin foil... They are coming and they like Nike sneakers!

As i was on my way home from the C-lINE, I noticed it and was wondering what was up with the moon or if it was from a lack of sleep... Well know i know! Get ready to get alil wet i guess...

Well that and some other saying are good to know

A ring around the sun or moon means a storm is coming. Count the stars within the ring and rain will come in that many days.

Then a couple of more

Red sky at night sailors delight.

Red sky in morning sailors take warning.

Weather sayings

I did not get a picture of this year's ring around the moon, however I do have a photo from 2006! If I can locate it, I will clip it here...I believe it was posted on the Bravo...