Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest PublicSafetyCollectibles

New Rochelle Premium Point Mansion Fire Photos Circa 1986

11 posts in this topic

THIS 1986 SHOWS A MULTI-ALARM NEW ROCHELLE FIRE AT A HUGE MANSION ON PREMIUM POINT. THERE WERE SEVERE WATER SUPPLY PROBLEMS FIGHTING THIS FIRE.

post-409-1224196927.jpg

THIS 1986 SHOWS TOWER LADDER 11 BATTLING A MULTI-ALARM NEW ROCHELLE FIRE AT A HUGE MANSION ON PREMIUM POINT. THERE WERE SEVERE WATER SUPPLY PROBLEMS FIGHTING THIS FIRE.

post-409-1224197183.jpg

THIS 1986 PHOTO SHOWS LADDER 12 BATTLING A MULTI-ALARM NEW ROCHELLE FIRE AT A HUGE MANSION ON PREMIUM POINT. THERE WERE SEVERE WATER SUPPLY PROBLEMS FIGHTING THIS FIRE.

post-409-1224197430.jpg

There were roofers working the gutters. Just prior to the fire being reported, there was a very violent thunder storm that rolled thru the area. The roofers story was that the house was hit by lighting. It would have been a believable story if they weren't seen throwing buckets of water on the roof minutes before the storm hit.

John aka KEF934,

Thanks for posting in Protection From The Past. Look forward to more photos.

Tim

WOW , was that the Jacob Shorr house ???? I have been waiting for years to see pictures like these... a couple of years after the owner settled, our company was brought in to install the roof on the new house, and heard stories of what happen... from what I was told by the security guards, it was the roofers, who caught the cedar shakes on fire while installing a modified bitumen roof... they were on the roof top with the propane torches, and after they noticed the flames around a propane tank, they all ran off the roof... so I was told... and more pics ??? love to see them

Great pictures love to see the older fires!!! Whats with the 2 packs laying on the ground and are the ladder trucks alittle close or is it just the angle??????

Great pictures love to see the older fires!!! Whats with the 2 packs laying on the ground and are the ladder trucks alittle close or is it just the angle??????

the fire started up in the attic area (most likely gutters) had a good head start prior to our arrival, and water pressure was a huge problem, last time we drafted at a fire that i can recall, and that went pretty good until the tide went out, never read about that happening in the books, lol anyway the reason the packs are on the ground, no water meant not much of an interior attack. And at the time SCBA use was minimal at best. The trucks were ok

last time we drafted at a fire that i can recall, and that went pretty good until the tide went out, never read about that happening in the books

The tide went out? I always thought that NRFD draft so much water that long island sound drop by 8 feet. And it took another 6 hours to refill it. :D

Three More Shots Of The Same Fire :-)

post-409-1224300882.jpg

post-409-1224300927.jpg

post-409-1224300982.jpg

One More Photo Showing New Rochelle Ladder 12 Battling The ' Red Devil ' At The Premium Point Mansion Fire :-)

post-409-1224548989.jpg