Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest PublicSafetyCollectibles

Classic FDNY Mack CF Series Pumpers ~ There's Nothing Like A Mack

30 posts in this topic

Here Are Some Classic Mack CF Pumpers Which Carried The FDNY Through Some Very Tough Times And Heavy Fire Loads In The Late 1960s And Into The 1970s. As You May Notice The FDNY Was Experimenting With ' Rapid Water ' And Different Hose Bed Covers. MANY Of The FDNY Veterans From This Era Told Me There's Nothing Like A Mack, And There NEVER Will Be !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-409-1224359761.jpg

Still a few floating around, mostly as Foam units. One out at the Rock looked like it hadnt been moved in years fired right up!

College Park Fire Dept in Prince George's County runs a county-owned '77 Mack CF for the only foam unit for the county. It's the oldest piece in PG. formal.jpg

Port Chester still has a Mack but not for much longer.

mount kisco has a beautifull cf. Although taken off frontline duty at the start of this year when they got there new pierce, it is still a very front line worthy truck....oh did i say it is beautifull and its never been redone all original!!!!

Macks are great, but Refurbed Macks are better. Here is a spare Mack that Engine 1 was running for a while last winter in Bridgeport, CT. This poor dog has seen better days...

I agree 100% NOTHING will ever beat a Mack!

The Mack CF was one of the most famus fire apparatus. Then you add a Baker Boom to it. Pure FDNY

post-1209-1224422145.jpg

Here Are Some MORE Classic Mack CF Pumpers Which Carried The FDNY Through Some Very Tough Times And Heavy Fire Loads In The Late 1960s And Into The 1970s And 1980s. As You May Notice The FDNY Was Experimenting With ' Rapid Water ' And Different Hose Bed Covers. MANY Of The FDNY Veterans From This Era

Told Me There's Nothing Like A Mack, And There NEVER Will Be !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-409-1224452385.jpg

post-409-1224452433.jpg

post-409-1224452474.jpg

post-409-1224452511.jpg

Here Are Some MORE Classic Mack CF Pumpers Which Carried The FDNY Through Some Very Tough Times And Heavy Fire Loads In The Late 1960s And Into The 1970s And 1980s. As You May Notice The FDNY Was Experimenting With ' Rapid Water ' And Different Hose Bed Covers. MANY Of The FDNY Veterans From This Era

Told Me There's Nothing Like A Mack, And There NEVER Will Be !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-409-1224452724.jpg

post-409-1224452823.jpg

post-409-1224453110.jpg

post-409-1224453260.jpg

post-409-1224453481.jpg

Here Are Some Classic Mack CF Pumpers Which Carried The FDNY Through Some Very Tough Times And Heavy Fire Loads In The Late 1960s And Into The 1970s. As You May Notice The FDNY Was Experimenting With ' Rapid Water ' And Different Hose Bed Covers. MANY Of The FDNY Veterans From This Era Told Me There's Nothing Like A Mack, And There NEVER Will Be !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-409-1224457986.jpg

Are there any mack of any age still in the FDNY.

I know most of the foam units, all of the high rise units and most of the collapse rescues are Macks but what others are there?

post-409-1224458169.jpg

post-409-1224458401.jpg

Are there any mack of any age still in the FDNY.

I know most of the foam units, all of the high rise units and most of the collapse rescues are Macks but what others are there?

That is affirmative.

All the Foam Carriers are 1987-1989 Mack CF's

All of the Collapse Units except RC-3.

All of the Satellites.

The Foam Tender

The High Rise Units

Not sure if the Mack Spare Field Comm is still in the inventory.

Same goes for Haz Mat 1's old rig. 2001/02?? Mack

Gotta admit, the chalk Roman Numerals are an extra added touch that they'd put on spares.

Edited by JBE

I'll have to agree with Dondestro being that the Mutuals Mack CF in mount Kisco is all original especially the gold leaf which is the best part on the truck.

ALL Images Posted By Public Safety Collectibles Are Property Of John P. Maguire And May NOT Be Copied, Duplicated Or Used Without Permission Of The Photographer. First Up Tonight, A Picture From Many Moons Ago Of Satellite 2's 1983 Mack CF Wagon Taken In Front Of Engine 72 / Satellite 2 Quarters In Da Bronx.

post-409-1224911570.jpg

ALL Images Posted By Public Safety Collectibles Are Property Of John P. Maguire And May NOT Be Copied, Duplicated Or Used Without Permission Of The Photographer. Last Up Tonight, A Picture From Many Moons Ago Of Foam Unit 81's

( Quartered With Engine 260 ) 1978 Mack CF Series Pumper With Foam Cannon.

post-409-1224912004.jpg

Now I remember the Rapid Water Macks, the 1979 CF's like 217 and 225, the Lime Green and the 84 and younger Macks with the white tops. Brings back some memories of buffing at E-308 in Queens when I was a kid. PS, the Foam rig at 260 is a 1978, but I think that grill siren is a shops addition.

ALL Images Posted By Public Safety Collectibles Are Property Of John P. Maguire And May NOT Be Copied, Duplicated Or Used Without Permission Of The Photographer. First Up Tonight, A Picture From Many Moons Ago Of Satellite 2's 1983 Mack CF Wagon Taken In Front Of Engine 72 / Satellite 2 Quarters In Da Bronx.

Here is a shot of Satellite 2 that I took on the 2005 NJMFPA FDNY Bus Trip. Ya gotta love the older version !

100_0632.jpg

ALL Images Posted By Public Safety Collectibles Are Property Of John P. Maguire And May NOT Be Copied, Duplicated Or Used Without Permission Of The Photographer.

if thats the case then you shouldnt be posting them here either, since you didnt take the vast majority(probably every apparatus photo anyway) of pictures that you are posting on these forums. didya?

Most are Kelters or Calderones, et al.....

and I know you werent there when the 84CF a few pics above was shot, since I pulled it out for them...its on the apron of my house.

Edited by e290l103

ALL Images Posted By Public Safety Collectibles Are Property Of John P. Maguire And May NOT Be Copied, Duplicated Or Used Without Permission Of The Photographer.

if thats the case then you shouldnt be posting them here either, since you didnt take the vast majority(probably every apparatus photo anyway) of pictures that you are posting on these forums. didya?

Most are Kelters or Calderones, et al.....

and I know you werent there when the 84CF a few pics above was shot, since I pulled it out for them...its on the apron of my house.

He has also done this to Patchs as well he copies every thing and anything to make a buck this guy has always been a POS and he always will be.

You ran fast North Terrace ave in Mt. Vernon when people cam looking for you.

CPage

Edited by CPAGE

I miss the days of the Mack. I wish they could bring them back. I dont know if the FDNY has them anymore at a TL spare. But the winter before last 44 truck was running with the old open cab Mack TL as a spare.