Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest PublicSafetyCollectibles

Fire Apparatus With Unique Color Schemes

73 posts in this topic

There Are MANY Fire Companies In The Tri-State Area With Unique Color Schemes, This Topic Will Highlight A Few Of These Departments For Your Viewing Pleasure. First Up Is Beverly Road Fire Company 2 In Burlington Township, New Jersey With Blue Apparatus.

post-409-1224525680.jpg

There Are MANY Fire Companies In The Tri-State Area With Unique Color Schemes, This Topic Will Highlight A Few Of These Departments For Your Viewing Pleasure. First Up Is Beverly Road Fire Company 2 In Burlington Township, New Jersey With Blue Apparatus.

post-409-1224525888.jpg

There Are MANY Fire Companies In The Tri-State Area With Unique Color Schemes, This Topic Will Highlight A Few Of These Departments For Your Viewing Pleasure. Second Up Is Minotola Fire Company Of New Jersey With Black Apparatus.

post-409-1224526260.jpg

There Are MANY Fire Companies In The Tri-State Area With Unique Color Schemes, This Topic Will Highlight A Few Of These Departments For Your Viewing Pleasure. Second Up Is Minotola Fire Company Of New Jersey With Black Apparatus.

post-409-1224526457.jpg

post-409-1224526723.jpg

post-409-1224526899.jpg

There Are MANY Fire Companies In The Tri-State Area With Unique Color Schemes, This Topic Will Highlight A Few Of These Departments For Your Viewing Pleasure. Third Up Is The Wanamassa Fire Company Of New Jersey With Cream Apparatus.

post-409-1224527140.jpg

There Are MANY Fire Companies In The Tri-State Area With Unique Color Schemes, This Topic Will Highlight A Few Of These Departments For Your Viewing Pleasure. Third Up Is The Wanamassa Fire Company Of New Jersey With Cream Apparatus.

post-409-1224527317.jpg

post-409-1224527516.jpg

There Are MANY Fire Companies In The Tri-State Area With Unique Color Schemes, This Topic Will Highlight A Few Of These Departments For Your Viewing Pleasure. Last Up Today Is Paulsboro New Jersey's Billingsport Fire Association Trio Of Blue Mack Apparatus.

post-409-1224528051.jpg

There Are MANY Fire Companies In The Tri-State Area With Unique Color Schemes, This Topic Will Highlight A Few Of These Departments For Your Viewing Pleasure. Last Up Today Is Paulsboro New Jersey's Billingsport Fire Association Trio Of Blue Mack Apparatus.

post-409-1224528260.jpg

post-409-1224528481.jpg

Irishtown, PA Fire Department (near Hanover Borough)

post-163-1224534376.jpg

Heidlersburg Fire Department (20miles north of National Fire Academy on US RT15)

post-163-1224534473.jpg

What is that truck on the left? It looks like a spartan with a mack bulldog and grill on it.

What is that truck on the left? It looks like a spartan with a mack bulldog and grill on it.

IIRC it is a one of a kind collaboration between Mack and Sutphen(?)

What is that truck on the left? It looks like a spartan with a Mack bulldog and grill on it.

That was the one off Sutphen pumper with a Mack engine and transmission. It was originally red with a white cab. I don't know the whole truth to the story but Sutphen was working with Mack on using their engines and transmissions. Well Sutphen decided to put the Mack name plates and bulldog on the truck. Evidently, Mack was to thrilled about the idea. Needless to say the project was scrubbed. There were ads taken out in the major publications showing off the truck but nothing materialized (kinda like Sutphen's attempted at a tiller tower ladder).

As for the truth to the matter, you know how rumors go down the "telephone line". That is what was relayed to me.

Tarrytown has TL-78. A 2005 ALF 100ft midmount which is silver over blue.

That was the one off Sutphen pumper with a Mack engine and transmission. It was originally red with a white cab. I don't know hte who truth to the story but Sutphen was working with Mack on using their engines and transmissions. Well Sutphen decided to put the Mack name plates and bulldog on the truck. Evidently, Mack was to thrilled about the idea. Needless to say the project was scrubed. There were ads taken out in the major publications showing off the truck but nothing materialized (kinda like Sutphen's attemped at a tiller tower ladder).

As for the truth to the matter, you know how rumors go down the "telephone line". That is what was relayed to me.

Izzy your close but SUTPHEN did not want MACK to put there badge [name] on there product. My cousin works for HUCK [Rivits] that are all over the tower ladders and is at the SUTPHEN plant all the time.

Village of Mamaroneck Engine 38 is green, Yellow isnt that rare but village of Mamaroneck engine 40 is yellow. I know 38 is a seagrave unsure of 40

Izzy your close but SUTPHEN did not want MACK to put there badge [name] on there product. My cousin works for HUCK [Rivits] that are all over the tower ladders and is at the SUTPHEN plant all the time.

It was more than Mack wanted one thing and Sutphen wanted another. That wagon almost wound both of them up in court. The thing sat forever until Jere (Jerry) Lady of Lady & Taylor Body Works & Pennsylvania Fire Apparatus got them sell it on the cheep. Jere painted it Heidlersburg Green to match the CF-Mack and R-Mack Tanker that Heidlersburg Runs. The rig went in service as E25-2 about a year ago.

On a side note I got Jere to restore Millwood's Brockway Torpedo Antique when I was in college at Gettysburg (2nd due to Heidlersburg). He is currently restoring my '57 B-Mack and should be finished or close-to-finished with Chappaqua's Antique Mack as well.

He is currently manufacturing the body, pump, and tank for Heidlersburg's new Tanker which is being built on a Mack Granite chassis if I'm not mistaken. He has a history of taking old FDNY rigs and refurbing them for use in PA and MD. For some reason he likes to replace the round headlights on CF Macks and Century Cab LaFrance's with four square ones like what is seen on Heidlersburg's CF-Mack E25-1 that is in the posted picture next to the Sutphen-Mack E25-2. Odd looking, but it's his signature.

Edited by mfc2257

Palm Beach Gardens Florida. Now I know it's kinda lime, but this one is really different..

PBGE2.jpg

PBGT1.jpg

In the same vein, Miami Dade.

MDE8.jpg

And that's all I got...

It was more than Mack wanted one thing and Sutphen wanted another. That wagon almost wound both of them up in court. The thing sat forever until Jere (Jerry) Lady of Lady & Taylor Body Works & Pennsylvania Fire Apparatus got them sell it on the cheep. Jere painted it Heidlersburg Green to match the CF-Mack and R-Mack Tanker that Heidlersburg Runs. The rig went in service as E25-2 about a year ago.

On a side note I got Jere to restore Millwood's Brockway Torpedo Antique when I was in college at Gettysburg (2nd due to Heidlersburg). He is currently restoring my '57 B-Mack and should be finished or close-to-finished with Chappaqua's Antique Mack as well.

He is currently manufacturing the body, pump, and tank for Heidlersburg's new Tanker which is being built on a Mack Granite chassis if I'm not mistaken. He has a history of taking old FDNY rigs and refurbing them for use in PA and MD. For some reason he likes to replace the round headlights on CF Macks and Century Cab LaFrance's with four square ones like what is seen on Heidlersburg's CF-Mack E25-1 that is in the posted picture next to the Sutphen-Mack E25-2. Odd looking, but it's his signature.

ARE YOU THE ONE WITH THE GENARAL? PCFD ENG58 OWNER #1070 1957 B-95

ARE YOU THE ONE WITH THE GENARAL? PCFD ENG58 OWNER #1070 1957 B-95

I am indeed the one with "The General".....

Hampton, PA between York and Carlisle. Adams County Company 10.

E10-2 Spartan/New Lexington (defunct)

post-163-1224606302.jpg

There Are MANY Fire Companies In The Tri-State Area With Unique Color Schemes, This Topic Will Highlight A Few Of

These Departments For Your Viewing Pleasure. Todays Featured Department Is Belmar, New Jersey FD's Cream

Colored Apparatus.

post-409-1224610616.jpg

There Are MANY Fire Companies In The Tri-State Area With Unique Color Schemes, This Topic Will Highlight A Few Of

These Departments For Your Viewing Pleasure. Todays Featured Department Is Belmar, New Jersey FD's Cream

Colored Apparatus.

post-409-1224610814.jpg

Colored Apparatus.

post-409-1224611081.jpg