Gray Shirt = Police Officer

White Shirt = EMS

It appears the EMS Crew was assisting the Police Officer

who was alone.

As you see things can get UGLY real fast at any

type of emergency. PD, FD, EMS.

USE CAUTION!

BE SAFE!

What a stand up guy. He will probably sue for excessive force.

Saw this video before with out audio. Now I understand it. That guy should of been dealth with before this happened. The supervisor was already in a attack stance with he knees bent and body cornered @ 0:59. I forgot what its called if you make anybody move by intimidation or aggression. In nys I believe its assualt if by intimidation or aggression, you make a police officer back up ??? (correct me if Im wrong)

Yeah could of used a taser, or stepped (jumped up and down) :D on his ankles or any other part of his body that bends, maybe a choke hold.

Here you go, try this ;)

(taken from youtube)

Isnt this a scene, and arent there rules about scenes and impeding public saftey?

Attack stance? He was in a defensive stance and that's what probably saved him from taking that 'punch' full force. If he was that aggressive there should have been more PD on scene and EMS should have backed off. No reason for ANYBODY to get hurt in a situation like that.

There's no assault by intimidation - that's harassment. Assault (in NYS) requires injury.

§ 240.26 Harassment in the second degree.

A person is guilty of harassment in the second degree when, with intent to harass, annoy or alarm another person:

1. He or she strikes, shoves, kicks or otherwise subjects such other person to physical contact, or attempts or threatens to do the same; or

2. He or she follows a person in or about a public place or places; or

3. He or she engages in a course of conduct or repeatedly commits acts which alarm or seriously annoy such other person and which serve no

legitimate purpose.

Subdivisions two and three of this section shall not apply to activities regulated by the national labor relations act, as amended,

the railway labor act, as amended, or the federal employment labor management act, as amended.

Harassment in the second degree is a violation.

§ 120.00 Assault in the third degree.

A person is guilty of assault in the third degree when:

1. With intent to cause physical injury to another person, he causes such injury to such person or to a third person; or

2. He recklessly causes physical injury to another person; or

3. With criminal negligence, he causes physical injury to another person by means of a deadly weapon or a dangerous instrument.

Assault in the third degree is a class A misdemeanor.

§ 120.08 Assault on a peace officer, police officer, fireman or emergency medical services professional.

A person is guilty of assault on a peace officer, police officer, fireman or emergency medical services professional when, with intent to

prevent a peace officer, police officer, a fireman, including a fireman acting as a paramedic or emergency medical technician administering

first aid in the course of performance of duty as such fireman, or an emergency medical service paramedic or emergency medical service

technician, from performing a lawful duty, he causes serious physical injury to such peace officer, police officer, fireman, paramedic or technician.

Assault on a peace officer, police officer, fireman or emergency medical services professional is a class C felony.

You might be able to charge menacing but that's tough to successfully prosecute - especially in Westchester.

§ 120.15 Menacing in the third degree.

A person is guilty of menacing in the third degree when, by physical menace, he or she intentionally places or attempts to place another

person in fear of death, imminent serious physical injury or physical injury.

Menacing in the third degree is a class B misdemeanor.

As for stomping on someones ankles or using a choke hold - law enforcement is only going to use the tactics that they're trained in. I'm not aware of any law enforcement agency still using "choke holds" at all. Most have gone to the Taser for obvious reasons.