Followers 0
x635

Town Of Greenburgh Tech Rescue Team New Collapse Rescue Support Unit

5 posts in this topic

Town Of Greenburgh Technical Rescue Team

New Collapse Rescue Support Unit

GPD Fleet #119

post-11-1224870353.jpg

I realize that this is a PD unit, but do these units carry (or should they carry) WDES Rescue Designations and are they considered a resource for mutual aid?

I realize that this is a PD unit, but do these units carry (or should they carry) WDES Rescue Designations and are they considered a resource for mutual aid?

That's a great point. It definetly should be.

The Town Of Greenburgh's Technical Rescue Team is under the PD's umbrella, and consists of Greenburgh PD officers, and as far as I still know, Fairview and Greenville FD FF's.

Being this is a PD unit, I would wonder if it would be elegible for a DES listing. Greenburgh Civil Defense Cascade unit carries a DES listing, so I don't see why this wouldn't. The only complication would that Greenburgh has a variety of vehicles that assemble based on the situation, so a unit number wouldn't matter much in the grand scheme of things.

Does the unit designation really make any difference so long as everyone knows that these resources are available and request them when appropriate?

It shouldn't matter what the unit number is (or isn't) but rather that these assets are properly staffed with qualified and experienced responders armed with all the necessary equipment and supplies.

Does the unit designation really make any difference so long as everyone knows that these resources are available and request them when appropriate?

It shouldn't matter what the unit number is (or isn't) but rather that these assets are properly staffed with qualified and experienced responders armed with all the necessary equipment and supplies.

I agree with Chris192. I would only add one thing to what he said, that being communications equipment capable of contacting all units involved in any given incident.