Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JBE

White Plains Ladder 33?

11 posts in this topic

I was out in White Plains earlier this evening, and noticed an old rear mount marked as L-33. I'm going to take a stab and say it's late 80's/early 90's vintage, Duplex/LTI. Is this a frontline truck or a spare??

I was out in White Plains earlier this evening, and noticed an old rear mount marked as L-33. I'm going to take a stab and say it's late 80's/early 90's vintage, Duplex/LTI. Is this a frontline truck or a spare??

80's and its a spare.

I don't know if this is the same one, but when I photographed it last winter it was marked for L-34.

Photo: http://x635photos.com/displayimage-1489.html

I know White Plains is expecting delivery of an ALF Ladder similar to New Rochelle's, but I don't know the current status of that. Hopefully one of the WPFD members or someone in the know can help us out.

I also vaguely remember L-34 (Ford/Smeal Quint) being OOS due to severe damage to the outriggers?

I heard ALF never started the ladder due to their Bankruptcy problem and last i heard White Plains FD was going back to accepting Bids. Can anyone from WPFD confirm this?

They have 7 stations.

Actually, they have 5 active stations. Two stations (Robertson Ave. and South Lexington Ave.) house spare or auxilary apparatus and are not manned.

Edited by dadbo46

Actually, they have 5 active stations. Two stations (Robertson Ave. and South Lexington Ave.) house spare or auxilary apparatus and are not manned.

Thanks for the info Chief.

Edited by texastom791

Also in Station 4 is Fire Prevention division and Special Oprations.

Edited by ENG47INE