Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
50-65

Newburgh firefighter performs "surgical assist"

10 posts in this topic

Newburgh firefighter performs delicate operation to save man's p****.

By Doyle MurphyTimes Herald-RecordOctober 25, 2008 CITY OF NEWBURGH — A Newburgh firefighter became an ad hoc surgeon Friday, called upon to use a pneumatic saw to cut a piece of steel pipe off a 73-year-old man’s p****.

Story: http://recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...5/NEWS/81025007

Verry funny, I read that and loved the step by step procedures. Poor Probie, he won't live that down for a long time

Verry funny, I read that and loved the step by step procedures. Poor Probie, he won't live that down for a long time

Darn, It's a shame I got out of work too early for that operation... lol That's priceless! I'm glad to hear the operation went well....

The New Haven Fire Department back in 2003 had to do a similar operation at Yale New Haven Hospital when a man was impaled by a pipe while working at a shop in Clinton. Squad 1 was called into the ER to help shorten the pipe before it was removed. Unfortunately I can't find the link where it actually showed the firefighters in turnout gear with surgical masks on in the ER with the saws and Hurst cutters going to work with the surgeon right there directing them.

(Got to love the times before HIPPA!!!!)

and people say you need to be a doctor to do surgery!!! diffinetly feel sorry for the new guy talk about getting the short end of the shaft on that one.

"Honey, what did you do at work today"

Well.....

What, No pictures......Where is that PhotoUnit guy when you need him.

What, No pictures......Where is that PhotoUnit guy when you need him.

lol, well.... this is one i'm sure people would rather NOT see pictures of....

Well there was that one episode of Rescue Me in the first season where a certain Lieu had to cut off a certain "item" of a certain member's member? Does that constituent as surgery????? :P