Followers 0
Oswegowind

Favorite "BUS"

Type of ambulance you prefer   0 members have voted

1. 1. Type of ambulance you prefer

• Type1
    • Type 2
    • Type 3

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 posts in this topic

EMS apparatus? I prefer a van, guess I just got used to them. However, Braun makes one serious "bus" it is just too bad that Vickery sells them.

I like Armonk Fd's fleet of ambulances..... the red and silver stripes look really cool. What about type three ambulances.... they get my vote. P&L Custom Ambulances are very well built and seem to be gaining popularity in the area for their quality vehicles.

Getting older has made my memory smaller.

Which type is what? Type 1 is a van, 2 is a modified van and a 3 has no passageway right?

Type I is a truck chassis with a box and no walkway

Type II is a modified van

Type III Is a van style chassis with a box and walkway between the cab an body.

Hey when i set up the poll, it had options to vote for all three types of ambulances...little help from a moderator to fix it...

A type III can either be a van or "long nose" chassis.

My vote is for a PL Custom, first then Horton, second.

Braun's, and Wheeled Coach's are not made well enough for the call volume, terrain, and distances to Hospitals in the "North Country"

Check out Somers' new 80B2 on EMTBravo. com or somersvfd.com

Hey when i set up the poll, it had options to vote for all three types of ambulances...little help from a moderator to fix it...

Fixed :D

I have to agree, PL Custom does make a really nice Ambulance. Both KBHVAC's two rigs 65b-1 and 65b-2 and Somers 80b-2 are all good examples, of what fine craftsmanship that PL Custom has in their rigs. Having seen both of KBHVAC's rigs at accident scenes, their is defiently alot of room in each, for two patients to be transported and also have room for the emt and or medic work on the patients. I have to say I love the color scheme that is on the new Somers 80b-2. Question,, Res20cue why did Somers change the color scheme on the new rig, unlike the sheme and Gold Leaf that is on the 80b-1 and 80b-3???? Also, the led's that are on the rig are awesome, I like the two that are on the two back doors.

The major reason for "returning" to Red ambulances, is the fact that the Ambulances are owned by the Fire District and staffed by the Fire Department. We are one TEAM, and wanted to look that way!

If you notice, the color scheme matches Engine 180, 181 and Tanker 16, with the white over red cab and the triple white stripes. We are planning on replacing 80B3 this coming year (2004), and will most likely be a duplicate of 80B2. So far we are very happy with this unit. It's "taking the lickin' and keeps on tickin'!"

Hey Res20cuE - I hear you man!

We're suppost to be replacing 55B2 with a PL Custom hopefully. We were going to go with a white over red scheme, but to cut down some costs, I hear it will be white with red stripes. Still better then our "Good Humor" look on 55B1.

I prefer and really like type 1's, especially PL Custom, Lifeline, or Road Rescue because they are built solid with quality materials.......I like Horton, but their lack of ability to customize and, well, stupid control panel has turned me off to them. Braun makes a nice ambulance, BEMS has gotten a few of them, I mostly prefer the "traditional Braun" slope sided version, but I question how well they hold up in the long run.

I prefer Type 1's on F-350's because of the features the truck chasis offers (greater durability, bigger rear diff, bigger (and easier to access) engine and transmission, and the added legroom in the cab, useful when you are in a system where you have to post or relocate and post, and more cabroom in general, which is good when you have MDT and GPS units.

I'm still kinda on the fence with the "Type 4"s....Boston has them, they seem to work well and add a greater turning radius and more cabroom. Although they apperar much bigger, I am told they are actually the same size (wheelbase) as the Type 1 Hortons, they just appear bigger because they sit higher.

Paint scheme- I like BEMS White, with reflexite orange striping and blue trim, and "Somers Style".

give me a road warrior with a big a** freightliner chasis. bigger better more room for my gear pack,can,drywall and were set

YVAC has PL customs, they're nice, got a lot of room to move around, well for me at least.