Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SRS131EMTFF

Ramapo (Rockland) Serious Ambulance Crash - 11/20/08

36 posts in this topic

Cause no one else cares. They had a job to do and are doing it.
Nice reply. Reguardless of the job they have to do how hard is it to pull down your goggles or reach in your pocket and grab eye protection. Latley on this site theier have been some excellent photo's posted. Not to knock the members of HillCrest, but we should be at least protecting ourselves out there?

What is the speed of the vehicle that brought you to those numbers?

Assuming 45 mph, the speed limit for that road.

Wow, this is just crazy. How can you ASSUME how fast they were travelling? How can you assume they were even responding to a call? How can you assume anything? The fact of the matter was there was a serious accident! It involves a piece of apparatus and apparently another MOS of some sort. It could have involved neither and no one would make any assumptions, in fact 3/4 of us wouldn't have even known this incident occurred. It takes a lot more than a few pictures to investigate an accident, including measurements and mathematics, but what about interviews? I agree that some people operating at the scene were violating safety rules, but I haven't seen a job pictured on here yet where everyone was in 100% compliance! Let's wait and see what the REAL answers are, someone foil the report and post it. Then we can have a dialogue about what we think should change or not change, but until that is done, stop pointing fingers!

My whole point is there is nothing in those photos that shows anything about who was at fault.

I think the only people who know what happened are the people who were involved. We all know that if a detailed accident investigation is done, which I am sure will be, the investigating officer will talk to those involved and get their versions, then coupled with the phsyical evidence gathered for his conclusion as to cause, fault, etc. While everyone is entitled to their opinion, it is just that an opinion. People don't like people Monday morning quarterbacking their calls, so why should it be different here. I'm not sayiing don't give your opinions but don't state them as if they were fact either. I'd be interested in what the police investigation concludes.