Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
abaduck

First the squirrels, now the roach bombs....

5 posts in this topic

And I do mean bombs...

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/18145069/detail.html#-

DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. -- DeKalb County fire officials say a woman's attempt to get rid of bugs in her apartment caused an explosion Tuesday morning.Capt. Eric Jackson with the DeKalb County Fire Department said a woman set off 14 indoor foggers – also known as roach bombs – in her Columbia Drive apartment before she left for work. Fire officials said the foggers interacted with a pilot light which caused an explosion.

Several windows in the apartment building were blown out. Part of a brick facade on the back of the building was also blown off...

Mike

The mythbusters showed that it is possible for major damage to occur when bug bombs explode so I guess she does not watch mythbusters.

We had an incident of that about 3 or 4 years ago, a few bug bombs were activated and found a spark, destroyed the basement apartment blew the windows out and was so strong to even blow out the thresholds of door frames on the 3rd floor.

We get them every so often around here. Oftentimes, it's just reports of fumes, but I can think of at least two times in the past few years we've had a couple of windows blown out. One actually was an all hands on the Concourse I think.

The mythbusters showed that it is possible for major damage to occur when bug bombs explode so I guess she does not watch mythbusters.

Yeah that was a pretty cool episode.I think that they loaded the house up with Roach bombs first and then it blew up not to the extent that they were told would happen but it still blew up.