Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FFD941

Fort Wayne (IN) Firefighter Scuffle Caught on Tape

7 posts in this topic

Firefighter Close Calls E-mail

Hey...

While not directly related to injuries from firefighting, a Fort Wayne (IN) Firefighter is on medical leave after he became involved in a "push & shove" with another firefighter at the scene of a working fire. FW Chief Pete Kelly told the media that the firefighter's actions can be linked to stress. The Firefighter does not face any disciplinary action...here is the video:

Fort Wayne News 15 Video

While we don't know the whole story this doesn't put us in a good light especially with the comentary from the cameraman.

Edited by FFD941

Whatever the cause, I hope he gets the help he needs cause something is definitely wrong.

I thought I heard an evacuation Horn just prior to the shoving match.......maybe his partner was still inside(thinking out loud)...who knows?

I thought I heard an evacuation Horn just prior to the shoving match.......maybe his partner was still inside(thinking out loud)...who knows?

That was what I was thinking. He looks more upset overall than angry specifically with guy he was shoving.

I'm going with that idea as well. It doesn't look like a specific person he's targeting, just emotions running high.

Eitherway, the guy needs to get checked out and a clean bill of health before they allow him back on the job.