Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jcoppola

Norwalk Rescue 2 in production

8 posts in this topic

2 pictures of our new heavy rescue in production. It will be a 2008 Spartan Metrostar with a 20' Marion Rescue Squad walk-in box. It is slated for spring/early summer delivery.

R2CHASSIS1.jpg

R2CHASSIS2.jpg

Nice good luck with it!

Looks nice. What are the specs and what equipment is going to be on it?

What I find odd is that we can go to a car dealer in August and buy a 2009 Ford/Toyota/Yugo whatever but fire trucks in production that won't be completed until 2009 are still considered 2008's. Beekman has PUC that won't start on the productionline until January but when delivered it will be a 2008 Pierce. ????

What I find odd is that we can go to a car dealer in August and buy a 2009 Ford/Toyota/Yugo whatever but fire trucks in production that won't be completed until 2009 are still considered 2008's. Beekman has PUC that won't start on the productionline until January but when delivered it will be a 2008 Pierce. ????

Sometimes having a 2008 built and delivered in 2009 is a good thing when you don't have to pay a premium on Federally mandated emissions and such. I think the car manufacturers release the next model year in the current year as a marketing gimmick.