Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gpdexplorer

Apparatus Shots from the 2007 Milford E-260 Muster

36 posts in this topic

Engine 4 in Southington is owned by Plantsville but it originaly served with Company No. 4 in the Marion section of the town. Comapny 4 closed when they built the new firehouse for Company 3 (Milldale) and Plantsville aquired the truck, I forget how the story went. The "Squad 25" was orignially Suffield, CT's old ring and Chief John (aka The BrewMaster) purcahsed it when it retired.

As for Engine 15 from New Haven, this was actually purchased for the Fountain Street firehouse in the Westville section. This rig had a short wheel base and lacked a compartment in front of the wheel well so that it could fit into the Westville firehouse. The other white 70th is an old New Haven rig owned by the Montowese Fire Company No. 2 of North Haven and is lettered with their company name.

Also too if you see the picture of the 1948 Seagrave Waterfall with "Hilltop Hose", that was forst assigne to my company the Charters Hose Company No. 4 of Ansonia. A little history on this rig. It was ordered in 1948 and placed into service in April of 1949. It has a 750 gpm, pump and I beleive the the tank held 300 gallons of water. Where the "No. 5" is on the fornt end was an old Mars osculating light and was later taken off and a "4" was placed on it and the rotating lamp located behing the seats was added. This pumepr saw a lot of fire in its short 13 years at Company No. 4 and was replaced by our 1962 American LaFrance 900 Series (which I'm highly disappointed not seeing a pic of it here since we had it down there last year :P)

The Hilltop Hose Company in Ansonia was organized in 1956 independent from the city and purcahsed the 1948 Seagrave from the city for $1.00. The "Hill-tops" operated the Seagrave until its replacement in 1971 when the city purcahsed their Mack CF pumper for them (now retired). The only thing that looks the same from when we operated the pumper is the Maltese Cross on the doors. Unfortunately it has seen some better days and it is privately owned by someone not affilaiated with Ansonia.

Thanks for the info Izzy. While it definately has seen better days, it was good to see it still pumping strong.

Here's a shot of the front to show the mount where the Mars light was.

post-938-1228777584.jpg

Thanks for the history lesson Izzy. I just remember catching a photo of Squad 25 at a parade a couple of years ago, and the 70th Anniversary Seagrave at the same one. I wonder if I didn't shoot Engine 15 before she was redecorated. Ah well. Thanks again for the history (and clarification!)

-Joe DA BUFF

Thanks for the history lesson Izzy. I just remember catching a photo of Squad 25 at a parade a couple of years ago, and the 70th Anniversary Seagrave at the same one. I wonder if I didn't shoot Engine 15 before she was redecorated. Ah well. Thanks again for the history (and clarification!)

-Joe DA BUFF

I don't think they had it up and running then but I might be wrong. There are not too many Seagrave 70ths w/o the front compartment floating around. I think this might have been the only one.

well what a great show.also some great shots of some classic rigs.this muster is one of the best ones.not many of these shows left.I'm looking forward to try and return in 2009.I have not been there since 2003.please post some more and keep up the great work

There's some beautiful older rigs you don't see out here on the West Coast. The Maxims and Orem look nice.

Yet ANOTHER reason for you to come out and crash at Chateau de BE and check this stuff out.

are you going to be posting some more?