Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ONEEYEDMIC

Police protest insurance decision

4 posts in this topic

Journal News

SCARSDALE - The village police union last night announced a vote of no confidence against Human Resources director Michael Delong and demanded that Scarsdale reverse its decision requiring an officer injured in the line of duty to pay for his medical benefits until he returns to work.

Not sure if it was posted or not or if this should be moved to a General Discussion Arena but I figured I would post it here. The turnout for the meeting was incredible. It was nice to see not only the many members of the PBA's in the area, but also that amount of FF's from the area as well. This effects all of us if this OFFICER does not receive his Benefit's.

WTF is up with that? That's BS. He was injured serving that community. Yet again another attempt to screw with emergency services personnel and attempts at thwarting common sense labor practices.

Talk about trying to change the rules after the game is played, come on. Dial 911 anywhere in America and you know that a selfless, civil servant will show up to handle your situation. Try getting a politician on the phone, hope you have the time to wait for someone to pick up.....This is a travesty and hopefully Scarsdale will re-think their decision. Sorry for the rant.

Journal News

SCARSDALE - The village police union last night announced a vote of no confidence against Human Resources director Michael Delong and demanded that Scarsdale reverse its decision requiring an officer injured in the line of duty to pay for his medical benefits until he returns to work.

Not sure if it was posted or not or if this should be moved to a General Discussion Arena but I figured I would post it here. The turnout for the meeting was incredible. It was nice to see not only the many members of the PBA's in the area, but also that amount of FF's from the area as well. This effects all of us if this OFFICER does not receive his Benefit's.

The first thing that comes to mind is this: what does the collective bargaining agreement say regarding continuence of medical benefits when injuries occur on-the-job?

Most labor contracts have specific provisions addressing benefits when the employee is out on medical leave in relation to on-the-job injuries.