Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
61MACKBR1

Details White Plains Fire 20 N B'way 12/12/08

31 posts in this topic

i agree call any mutual aid department you like, but keep one thing in mind there are a handful of instructors that teach the volleys at the training center and they are top noch and i have trained with WPFD and was tought by their instructors. So i think they would trust the vollys the truth is when Yonkers stopped using volleys for mutual aid so did most career departments which is their choice and i respect that. Good job WPFD

Haha i feel like an a**. I was in WP yesterday with my buddy and i couldnt figure out what the hell was going on, now i know. It took me over an hour to get into WP because of the traffic on I-287 and all the gridlock in WP. I was actually at the corner of Main & B'Way (i think thats the intersection) and saw all the apparatus (FD, PD, Con-Ed) and didnt think much of it. Lots of PD units for traffic diversion, thats for sure!

As far as the mutual-aid and who was called and who didnt get called goes, we're beating a dead horse fella's.

Jay, while i hear where you're coming from, Barry has some excellent points. Could NWPFD or any other vol. company get a rig on the road with a full crew that has the proper training in an adequat response time? Maybe they could, maybe not. But when you have a working fire, thats not the time to be wondering if your incoming m/a is up to par ya know?

Departments all over the place call in certain mutual-aid for one reason or the other. This fire was no different. WPFD called in who they did because they knew what they were getting and knew they'd get them in a reasonable ammount of time. Career depts. usually call in other career depts. on mutual-aid for good reasoning and who could blame them?

Anyway, looks like WPFD and their M/A did a fine job, so kudos.