Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

You can't make this one up.........

12 posts in this topic

Watch those heat lamps inside your boa cages !! :roll: #-o

Posted on Wed, Jan. 12, 2005  

Snake Blamed for $12,000 in Fire Damage

Associated Press

OREM, Utah - An unlikely source is to blame for about $12,000 in fire damage to a home. Police speculate Landon Nielsen's pet boa constrictor wrapped itself around a heat lamp inside the cage and pulled the lamp down, which set the cage ablaze.

The fire spread, destroying the snake, the bedroom where the snake was kept and causing damage throughout the home, Lt. Doug Edwards said. The home's occupants escaped unharmed.

how about a dog who jumped up on a stove, turned the burner on and cooked the pot, which then did the cabinets.... and well the whole house.

could'n t believe it when I heard it... still shake my head.

Reason #2,452 why snakes suck....

They will burn down your house.

What about the sister, forget the snake.ha ha. Thank god she went to cooking school.

And watch out for ronald.

Here's another one for the files. From todays NY Daily News...

Some early morning hanky-panky nearly proved deadly for a 32-year-old Manhattan woman when a candle ignited a comforter while she and a neighbor were in bed, witnesses said.

The victim was having sex with her neighbor, who identified himself only as Leo, at her first-floor apartment on Broadway on the upper West Side yesterday.

"The bed was moving back and forth and then - swoosh - the comforter's burning," said Leo, who ran from the fire, apparently leaving her behind.

He said he then dialed 911 from another neighbor's place.

"This is so embarrassing," said Leo. "We had never done that before and now she's in the hospital and my cat's dead."

The victim, whose name is being withheld by the Daily News, was found unconscious in her bathroom. Leo said he'd brought his cat over to help with the victim's mouse problem.

She was in critical condition yesterday with severe burns to her face and chest at New York Weill Cornell Medical Center, a hospital official said.

Other neighbors at the apartment building escaped the blaze after someone yelled "Get out! Get out!" said Madhuri Kumar, a human rights worker who lives above the victim's apartment.

"The hallway was filled with smoke," Kumar said. "The fire lift had to come and get us out the window." (I am presuming this was either TL-22 or TL-35 making the grab, Nice going guys!!!)

Andrew Regnier, 38, a friend of the woman's who lives nearby, ran to the scene after hearing the fire trucks racing by. He cradled her pet Chihuahua, Olive, who survived the fire.

"I'm still in shock," said Regnier before heading to the burn center to check on his friend.

Four firefighters suffered minor injuries and were treated at Roosevelt Hospital. Investigators ruled the blaze accidental late yesterday.

very intresting is all i have to say

Allright, so Leo goes over to the neighbor's with his cat to help her with the mouse infestation (hadn't heard that line before.........), they get under the comforter to get nasty, candle falls on bed, she's burning and Leo runs out of the place!!!! without trying to help his honey!!!!!????

Leo, that' some way of showing affection!! You need help, buddy.... Oh, and I forgot, his complaint is that his cat is dead.......... [-X [-X

I was going to dissect this a little more with a couple of anecdotes, such as, if you're going to get into candles and stuff, do it on the floor.

Bringing a cat over to solve a mouse problem and getting a little somethin somethin on the side, Smart move!!

He ran for the door and left her?? Chivalry is apparently dead.

Why do they always head for the bathroom??? Ever notice that's where you find most of your DOA's???

Point brought up by a friend. I'll bet ya this Andrew fella is really Leo. Only in NY kids!!!

Damndest thing I've ever heard of! :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P