Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Millwood's New & First Ladder 52

3 posts in this topic

Sharp rig, and looks like it will be an excellent addition to the Millwood fleet and district!!

I like how it is very compact, and seems to have a lot of storage space. I haven't traditionally been a huge fan of Sutphens, but seeing this Millwood truck and another Sutphen new delivery down here in Texas, I am starting to like some of the things they have to offer, especially this kind of truck.

As noted in another thread, Millwood has previously operated a Tele-Squirt. This is their first ladder truck, and Ladder 52 is a brand new, never before assigned designation.

Info from "Mfd"

Truck is a 75ft mid mount straight stick on a 6 wheel chasis, 6 man cab, 400 gallon water tank, 20 gallon class A foam tank capable of flowing foam from any of the discharges (not a CAFS system though), ladder compliment 3 fly 36', 2 fly 24', 16' straight ladder, 16' and 12' roof ladders, 14' 2 fly, collapsible attic ladder. 1000 GPM tip, automatic nozzle, at the ladder tip. Will be able to hold approx 1100-1200 feet of 5" LDH. Preconnects in the front bumper 1 1/2", 2 crosslays above pump panel 1 1/2" and 2 rear pre piped discharges one 1 1/2" and a 2 1/2" Working on some additional truck equipment as well as specific truck company op's training.

From "Millwood VFC New Delivery" thread, Post #7: http://www.emtbravo.net/index.php?showtopic=28327

Millwood Fire District

Ladder 52

2008 Sutphen

Thanks again to Joe Pinto for keeping my hunger for new apparatus deliveries satisified!!

PHOTO BY AND © OF JOE PINTO

post-11-1229286876.jpg

PHOTO BY AND © OF JOE PINTO