Local Medic arrested for Stalking

11 posts in this topic

Local Medic arrested for Stalking

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/ci_1123493...rce=most_viewed

Police: Stalking suspect had 'emotional void'

By Jeff Morganteen

Staff Writer

Article Launched: 12/15/2008 01:00:00 AM EST

STAMFORD - Fabricated doctors. Illegal medical procedures. Rerouted cell phone calls. Phony text messages.

Police say they have never dealt with a case quite like it.

For members of the Stamford Police Department's Special Victims Unit, the case began in June, when Deborah, a 39-year-old Stamford resident who did not want her last named used to protect her family, told police she suspected her friend of stalking her, an arrest affidavit states.

Deborah's friend, Jennifer Mardi, 36, was a trained emergency response technician who worked a short stint as a paramedic with Stamford Emergency Medical Services that ended in November 2007.

Police say Mardi wrapped up Deborah in a fictional world in which Mardi used e-mails and text messages to pose as a man who was a friend of both women. Mardi manufactured a medical drama involving the man, creating 14 fictional characters - some with their own cell phones and e-mail addresses, all tended by Mardi - to keep the story going, police said.

Edited by RWC130
Copyright Violation

EDP.

Dude, get out of my head...I stopped reading once I got to the 14 characters.

Koo Koo for Cocoa Puffs! :rolleyes:

Just another day in the Emergency Services!

Get a friggin life!

Edited by RWC130
Language "WTF" VIOLATION

This Deborah lady doesn't seem like she's running on all cylinders either... I mean c'mon... "Oh yeah I spoke to Dr. Shorty by text message and he wants me to draw bloods from you and bring them to his office. I'll take a complete set of your medical records too!"

Yeah... I'd go with that. Doesn't seem too strange, a MD that only uses text messages and uses a random Paramedic you work with to provide out of scope treatment.

pretty intense stuff. When does the movie come out?

Straight from the files of "you can't make this s@#$ up..." and yet she did, apparently. WOW. That's well, that's just so...Wow. I'm speechless.

This talented EDP also worked for Empress.