Followers 0
RWC130

Manhasset-Lakeville Fire Department

5 posts in this topic

Manhasset-Lakeville Fire Department

Nassau County, NY (Long Island)

I pick them up Nassau County Fire Dispatch

which is 46.10 MHz

It seems like MLFD is going out on runs all the time.

Anyone know how many calls they do?

VERY BUSY VOLUNTEER FD!

Cool Website

http://www.mlfd.com/

According to there website they did over 2,000 calls in 2004 and over 1,500 calls in the first three quarters of 2005. It doesn't have any recent call stats though.

They have a lot of commercial buildngs, office building, a mall, North Shore Hospital and some very heavily traveled roads.

They also boarder a good portion of Queens too. I know they have five stations and have a farily large coverage area.

Hey everyone. I'm a long-time visitor of EMTBravo.com, but just created an account for the forums.

I am a Lieutenant with the Manhasset-Lakeville Volunteer Fire Department. We are one of the largest fire departments in Nassau County, and we protect over 17 square miles. We cover Manhasset, several parts of Great Neck and North New Hyde Park. We also cover lengthy portions of the Long Island Expressway and Northern State Parkway. We border Queens, NYC and respond to some of the same alarms (especially on the highway/expressway) as the FDNY. Whoever gets there first operates.

We have five fire companies spread across the district with an Ambulance Unit housed in Company #3. The M-LFD responds to over 2,000 Fire & EMS alarms a year. We are upto around 2,035 for 2008. Each of the fire companies has a Chief and three line officers (Captain, 1st Lt. and 2nd Lt.).

Also, I am the Webmaster of MLFD.com and created our website. Thanks for the compliment!