Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Phillipstown EMS?

10 posts in this topic

Does anyone have photos of Phillipstown EMS units?

Also, where do they operate from and cover?

My man Goose might be able to help you. PM him.

Philipstown VAC covers the north west part of Putnam County. Their district encompasses the Village of Cold Spring and North Highlands Fire Dist. Their VAC is located on Cedar St. in Cold Spring. They have at Least one paid EMT on duty in quarters 24/7. Putnam County Medic 1 also operates out of Philipstown VAC, and covers the Philipstown and Garrison Areas. They operate twin Wheeled Coaches I believe they are both 2006. I will see if I can dig up some photos. Otherwise I will snap some this week.

Edited by celticmedic643

My man Goose might be able to help you. PM him.

Thanks for the info, but I wanted to discuss this with an open forum and let other members who may be "in the know" contribute. If we all used the PM system, then there would be no point to this forum.

Also they are simeautaneously dispatched over 46.38 & 155.205... and over AT&t and Graymoor Towers.

There quarters are located on cedar st in Cold Spring they have 2 ambulances.

There coverage area is Cold Spring, Nelsonville & North Highlands

When I was working PT in Putnam I pretty much stuck to medic 1 and 2 and PVAC has a great group of members that I had some great times with. They were the leaders in Putnam in regard to providing service to their customers with the addition of a staffed emt on duty. Its a shame more agencies in the area with even more call volume, leading to increased difficulty in covering calls didn't follow their lead.

Tom,

I had taken some pics of the new rigs (at the time) and fowarded them to emtbravo. I may also have them on my external drive. I will look for them after I get some things hooked up.

Tom,

I had taken some pics of the new rigs (at the time) and fowarded them to emtbravo. I may also have them on my external drive. I will look for them after I get some things hooked up.

I might be able to get pictures of some things around the station today seeming how I am working in Phillipstown until 11 pm tonight. I have a camera, i just need to know what kind of pictures you guys want.

I work there for a year and a few months. i am the paid staff EMT on the weekends. we an emt 7-3, 3-11,1-7 and during the week there is a second emt on from 8-4. we have 2 wheeled coachs they are both 2006. the paint layout is that of the noraml strip down the side, leading to a half of the star of life on the back end, there is a heart beat rythym on the doors and states philipstown ems volunteer ambulance down the sides and back. we run out of the "garage" next to the american legion in philipstown located on cedar st(the one way). We also have the medic staffed there 24/7 unless relocated to garrison when other medics are out on jobs. i currently have no pictures to post but iwill be at work this weekend and might be able to snap a few off. The department boundarys start of course at the river and lead to the edgeof the lake on 301 jut after the end of putnam valleys district. then on 9D we run from the tunnel at breakneck to the bridge to which you see dick's caste and west point from. on route 9 we run from the county boarder down to papa johns pizza. We cover the fire districts of Cold spring and North highlands and occasionally we have pvfd and gfd accompanying us on some calls. The sherriffs department has only one car in the area to cover calls with us but occasionally we will have a cspd car if the all is in the village and a NYSP join us on 9. For any other information please just ask.